Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vehicle Type when booking Eurotunnel for SE

Cali-61-180-SE

Cali-61-180-SE

Help Please,

Which one category is right for California SE in Eurotunnel booking?

Car under 6ft / 1.85m
Car over 6ft / 1.85m
Van under 6ft / 1.85m
Van over 6ft / 1.85m
Campervan

Asking because big price difference if i choose Campervan. if i choose Car over 6ft / 1.85m then its price coming quit less.

is that ok to book in this (Car over 6ft / 1.85m) catagory?

thanks
JK

There are a few other threads on this. From those, looks like a Beach may be OK, I.e. not a campervan. Also someone mentioned saying you don't know the registration. Another tactic might be to try giving them a call.

I'm about to find out as I'll be booking our trip any day now.

It makes no difference for me. Camper van / Van over 1.85m both carry the same supplement ... £11.00

The vehicle is a camper van. Given the heightened security at both ends of eurotunnel I would be wary of not placing it in the correct category when the choice is so obvious.

Interested in this - as it is very expensive to go across - even with Frequent Traveller - I spoke to them and they said it says motorhome in the log book so is a motor home !!!

Whatever it says on your V5c.

Expense is relative to the time and inconvenience.

I don’t find the cost expensive for carrying a 3 ton vehicle across the Channel. Compared to some of the Bridge tolls in the UK it’s cheap for the distance, and once across Diesel is cheaper and Campsites cheaper than the UK.

Just book as a high vehicle and don't fill in the reg number box. We were behind a Discovery in the tunnel this summer, not too dissimilar in size.

Just book as a high vehicle and don't fill in the reg number box. We were behind a Discovery in the tunnel this summer, not too dissimilar in size.
Yep. Thats the way larry, but make sure that you go to an automated check in and also that you have filled in your API ( passport details ) or else you have to go to the customer services desk and argue with the stupid cow that its just a t5 van and not a winnebago.After she´s taken more money off you she´ll then ask you if theres anything else she can help you with.:headbang
When i book now, i do as a high car in france and a camper in blighty.
I have the last laugh cos i´ve got a glovebox full of letters, so if there´s a delay i just flash up an earlier letter than what was given.
I never hang it on the mirror.

Yep. Thats the way larry, but make sure that you go to an automated check in and also that you have filled in your API ( passport details ) or else you have to go to the customer services desk and argue with the stupid cow that its just a t5 van and not a winnebago.After she´s taken more money off you she´ll then ask you if theres anything else she can help you with.:headbang
When i book now, i do as a high car in france and a camper in blighty.
I have the last laugh cos i´ve got a glovebox full of letters, so if there´s a delay i just flash up an earlier letter than what was given.
I never hang it on the mirror.
Off topic, but stayed at Wasserburg this summer, loved Lindau.

How does that work now that they scan the letter hanger on the train?
Once on the train i leave the correct letter on the dash and up to now they´ve just scanned it and said nothing.
Yes, i know that it´s wrong, but we´ve had some long delays there in the past.
And as a frequent traveller i´ve never seen a train packed to capacity, and the reason i know this is cos
on approach to the train i ask the chap if he can let us be last on. ( not always possible)
I can then access the boot and we get the ball out for a knock about in the empty carriages behind us.

Back