Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vehicle wrap

calibeach76

calibeach76

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Anybody any experience and suggested companies that could be trusted with a half vehicle wrap? We have a cherry red coast that we are considering having the top half and roof wrapped white. Any idea of likely cost too would be appreciated... cheers

Last edited:
Generally they seem to be wrapped the other way around, but the one we saw at the dealership that was white with a red wrap on the base (we were told) cost 1K.

Anybody any experience and suggested companies that could be trusted with a half vehicle wrap? We have a cherry red coast that we are considering having the top half and roof wrapped white. Any idea of likely cost too would be appreciated... cheers
It will look just like this.....

3511A806-DF35-4025-8DD6-ACB6903E9546.jpeg

I had a couple of quotes around £1500, seems a half wrap was the same time as a full wrap. There is a lot of time involved in cleaning and degreasing the bodywork, I guess the bottom is the most complicated as well.

Worth checking whether your insurance company want to know. My recent quote asked specifically if the vehicle had been wrapped.

I think the worry insurance companies have with wrapping is that the colour you chose could be discontinued whereas paint can be duplicated for many years.

I think the worry insurance companies have with wrapping is that the colour you chose could be discontinued whereas paint can be duplicated for many years.
Why don’t insurance companies simply exclude wrapping from the insurance cover?

Why don’t insurance companies simply exclude wrapping from the insurance cover?
Could get a bit complicated if a panel has to be repaired and the wrap wasn’t included. Either end up with having an odd unwrapped panel or have to unwrap the whole car (who’d pay for that?).

I had a couple of quotes around £1500, seems a half wrap was the same time as a full wrap. There is a lot of time involved in cleaning and degreasing the bodywork, I guess the bottom is the most complicated as well.
Top is more expensive as not ban easy profile plus wrap has to go around all the glass areas, all labour intensive.

Could get a bit complicated if a panel has to be repaired and the wrap wasn’t included. Either end up with having an odd unwrapped panel or have to unwrap the whole car (who’d pay for that?).
I was assuming that if the wrap is excluded from the policy it would be down to the policyholder. Simples?

My bonnet, bumper, door sills and door cups are all clear wrapped what would be the problem Do you think.

My bonnet, bumper, door sills and door cups are all clear wrapped what would be the problem Do you think.
I just expect the insurance wouldn’t cover a re-wrap unless explicitly included in your policy.
(So no problem?)

Side note: if you change the colour of your vehicle you are required to update your vehicle record at DVLA.

I just expect the insurance wouldn’t cover a re-wrap unless explicitly included in your policy.
(So no problem?)
But would they cover the removal of the wrap and any paint damage caused as a result?
I suspect that insurance companies wouldn’t want to get involved in the potential rows about who was responsible for what.