Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Very excited new owners

andymozza

andymozza

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all,
We have just took delivery of our cherry red beach which has been on order for about 5 months and hoping to pop our cherry (not literally hopefully) and get away for our first night on Saturday.
Our beach is a fairly standard one with just a few options ticked, 150 manual, heated windscreen, front fogs, parking sensors and cruise control. These seemed to suit our needs as a holiday home and a daily drive.
We would just like to thank everyone for the wealth of knowledge that is available on the forum, which come in very handy indeed.
Hope to see some of you out and about next year.
Andy

Welcome Andy enjoy your first trip of many:Stig

Hi Andy. Sounds fabulous!

Having recently ordered a cherry red Cali without actually seeing one, any chance of some pictures? It would help us with the long wait!

Enjoy your first night. Slightly envious!

Excellent - As I always say one more nearer to my delivery!:) Enjoy :thumb

Hi thanks for the well wishes and definitely worth the wait.
I will get some pics took swan and attempt to post them, we are really happy with our colour choice :thumb.

Great stuff and welcome on your first post.:thumb

Welcome andymozza and look forward to some pics of your joy and pride.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Will hopefully get a few pics of our first adventure today. :thumb

:welcome

Enjoy your first night away, the start of many adventures no doubt!!

Welcome Andy great to see you using your van :thumb

Nice photo, Andy - that has confirmed our choice of CR was best for us. Hope you had a wonderful first night away. Nice black screen cover - where from, if you don't mind?

Thanks swan, we had a great night. We are very happy with the colour. We got the roof topper and screen cover from comfortz/club shop as the package deal. We went for the black just to tie in with the roof cover. Must say we are very happy with both products. When are you due to take delivery of yours swan?

Andy, not for a while yet. Unconfirmed build date of week 9 - recently moved from week 5, so heading the wrong way at present, but who knows. Hoping to get VED done before April but I'll be happy (read over the bloody moon) just to get her, so come what may. But it is difficult to curb the rising excitement!

Did you go anywhere nice for your inaugural weekend?

0h, and thanks for the info on the covers - i think you've made my mind up for me - the black and the red look absolutely terrific together. Good shout.

View attachment 18007 First night away went well. :thumb
Can I just advise against leaving your EHU cable coiled up so tightly incase you use heaters or anything that draws a lot of current as you risk a build up of heat in the coil under the van in your picture. Best to arrange the spare cable in a loose figure of "8"..

Loverly colour...

Thanks guys and thanks for the advice Loz will loosen the coils a good bit more next time.
We went to a little village just outside whitby for the night as we were in whitby on the sunday for the santa train. Fingers crossed swan for a 17 plate pre 1st april, definitely worth the wait. ;)

Hi Andy
I'm 30 miles just North of you and also enjoying the camper life. Picked up the Ocean end of October and every time away it's the latest in the year we've camped.
Planning on another few days away 20-23/12 another 50 miles north this will be the third outing already

You never said where you went?

...message ends...

Hi Teejay
Good going on the adventures out, are you heading towards the borders for you next trip? We wanted to get away at new year but a lot of the campsites we have looked at seem fully booked. Have a great trip.

Hi Teejay
Good going on the adventures out, are you heading towards the borders for you next trip? We wanted to get away at new year but a lot of the campsites we have looked at seem fully booked. Have a great trip.

Off to Seafield at Seahouses. We often use the caravan and camping club at Lauder, closed at the mo. The new tenants would like to open all year round! Love to spend Christmas up there. Easy park and ride into Edinburgh using Sheriff Hall. Checked the camper fits under the height restriction. :thumb

I just tend to select a direction the ultimate location is decided by my wife.

...message ends...

Last edited:
Thanks guys and thanks for the advice Loz will loosen the coils a good bit more next time.
We went to a little village just outside whitby for the night as we were in whitby on the sunday for the santa train. Fingers crossed swan for a 17 plate pre 1st april, definitely worth the wait. ;)
Where did you stay , Robin Hood Bay?

Very close to Robin Hoods Bay Brindisi, York House Caravan park, Hawsker. It was a nice campsite, would go again in summer.
Thanks for the recommendation Teejay, we are planning a trip around keilder and then up to scotland so somewhere round that area would be ideal.

Everything crossed this end.....quite uncomfortable, actually:eek: