Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Very irregular response from control panel knob when raising and lowering pop top

JULIANLISMORE

JULIANLISMORE

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Forgive me if my problem has already been addressed elsewhere. I'm suffering VERY slow broadband and searching the archives takes ages.

Recent experience in the course of raising and lowering the pop top on my 2011 T5 is that although I'm keeping my finger or thumb on the control panel knob the motor keeps stopping and will only start again if I adjust the pressure point on the knob. Most recently I have had to make a dozen or more re-adjustments (and it has become quite difficult to find the pressure that actuates the process) before I managed to get the roof fully closed.

I know that failure of the control panel knob is a well-known fault but in my case the knob seems to work perfectly well for selecting the equipment to be switched on or off, or adjusted, and to do such switching. It is only the procedure of raising or lowering the roof, having selected which of these I want to happen, that there is an issue.

I'd be grateful to hear whether anyone else has experienced the same issue and what problem was diagnosed - Is the control panel and its knob the issue, or has it to do with something else?

Back