Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Video of my Cali healthcheck... is this new?

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Just had a text from Listers Coventry van centre with a video of my vehicle inspection on the back of my service. Didn't know they did this and I'm quite impressed with it.

The video starts with the number plate and the mechanic introduces himself, proceed to go around the vehicle, showing the mm of tread on each tyre (written on in chalk), then suspension, engine bay, gearbox etc and exhaust.

I have never seen anything like this before and it was very reassuring to see under the van in great detail and how clean it looked. Feel reassured my van is still good and no leaks or uneven wear. Nothing major on the detail but shots of all the important areas.

Anyone else had this? What did you think?

Just had a text from Listers Coventry van centre with a video of my vehicle inspection on the back of my service. Didn't know they did this and I'm quite impressed with it.

The video starts with the number plate and the mechanic introduces himself, proceed to go around the vehicle, showing the mm of tread on each tyre (written on in chalk), then suspension, engine bay, gearbox etc and exhaust.

I have never seen anything like this before and it was very reassuring to see under the van in great detail and how clean it looked. Feel reassured my van is still good and no leaks or uneven wear. Nothing major on the detail but shots of all the important areas.

Anyone else had this? What did you think?
My last service in December 2016. Useful. Mine looked like new even after 40,000 miles.

I had my service at South Herford last October and was offered this at the time.
Seems like quite a good idea. I've heard of others from different dealers receiving the same.

Just had a new wide window put in as ours didn't close properly. Had the video check already in my email box. They also do this at the Toyota garage for my IQ.

I was amazed how clean it was under there, no leakage, no oil nothing :D

Just had a call that mine is ready and good to go :) Theyve also checked the roof for me as it didnt feel like it was closing straight but they said the alignment is fine. Awesome, comes back shiny too

Back