Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VIP Offer: VW California Alcantara Seat Cover Set

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
California Camping currently have available Alcantara seat covers for the VW California in blak/grey Alcantara.

They are now available with the airbag flap.

Special VIP price is around £499 Pounds (575 Euro) including shipping to the UK around £60 saving

Everything is included in the price (2 x seat, 4 x armrest, 4 x headrest and the rear bench)

Colour combinations include: Black/Grey, Black/Black, Grey/Grey, Grey/Black

To order you will need to quote your forum username and state you are a VIP Member

ulli-seats.jpg

wow an airbag flap. Sounds new. I might buy one.
:thumb

I think these are great - I've seen these for sale in Germany. They look amazing in the pics, I'd like a set of these.

Add to them to the list... :(

James

Has anybody actually bought these??.. and if so, are you pleased with them, any issues etc.?

After 6 months of wondering and worrying, I have taken the plunge with these.... photo's and review to follow.

redredzimmer said:
After 6 months of wondering and worrying, I have taken the plunge with these.... photo's and review to follow.

Look forward to that - these look amazing in the pictures :)

James

redredzimmer said:

Did you get your VIP discount OK?

Martin said:
redredzimmer said:

Did you get your VIP discount OK?

Yup!!... Ulli has been excellent so far!!

After months of worrying and considering the options, I finally went ahead and bought a load of stuff from Ulli at http://www.california-camping.de

This included a full set of Vinyl and Alcantara seat covers for my 3 seater bench config. beach, tailored carpets, front to rear, and Ulli's back window storage system.

Seat Covers - These are properly amazing and have transformed my Cali's interior. The front, captains chair cover's took around 30 minutes each to fit with some scrapped knuckles along the way, and look as if VW created them, and the rear bench seat took another hour or so to fit, again fitting and looking like they have come from the factory.

It is truly amazing how good these look and despite the significant effort to fit them, I recommend them whole heartedly.

Carpets - Again beautifully made, with bound edges and a lovely deep look. Finally getting the living area in the back covered makes for a much more cosy and inviting space. The mid and rear (boot) carpets are a perfect fit, the small slither of carpet by the sliding door entrance is supplied with velcro, but I have yet to feel the need to use this.

The front (cab) carpet was, unfortunately, the reverse pattern of a California Comfortline with the different LHD dash, and so the fit is not perfect, however, Ulli has now got the correct shape and will be sending me a front one-piece carpet in the next few days. I will update this post when I receive it.

Now the bad news for 3-seater Beach owners wishing to carpet the living area. The deep carpet is just a little too deep and luxurious, the drawers that live under the bench seat are now a very tight fit, and need to be slid out and put back in the top position to make it possible to move the bench, or convert into a bed. Personally, I can live with this, but it is important to understand this before making a big purchase. It is my understanding that the Brandrup carpets also fowl the drawers, but I have not witnessed this myself.

Window bag system - When these arrived I was initially not overly impressed, the quality is OK, but the bags seems oddly constructed, and just, in some way, clumsy.. however, having fitted and now used them, once in the window positions they become an incredibly useful and additional space for food, clothes, towels, teddies or indeed anything else you can think of, and the best bit is that because they look as if they are supposed to be there, they make the van seem tidier in some way.

We have emptied the side pockets beneath the sliding window, which after a year of use had filled with all manner of unsightly things, and put most of that stuff in the window bags, which just makes everything seem more organised.

So expensive, but in my opinion, and for the way we are now using our Beach... again recommended.

Please find attached a few photo's of these items, but if anybody has any specific questions, please post them here.

IMG_1185.JPG IMG_1184.JPG IMG_1182.JPG IMG_1180.JPG

Deeply envious :)

They look as good as I thought they would.

How difficult was it to order them from the website?

James

James said:

James
Hi James

I sent him an email and asked for a deal. He sent me his offer and asked me to pay be paypal. All fairly straight forward really.

He has actually now got a brand new website launched in the last few days.

redredzimmer said:
James said:

James
Hi James

I sent him an email and asked for a deal. He sent me his offer and asked me to pay be paypal. All fairly straight forward really.

Okay :) I thought they'd look superb and they do, I know they are not cheap but they're almost an investment because they will protect the seats.

Tempted... Cost? (you don't have to say)

James

James said:
redredzimmer said:
James said:

James
Hi James

Okay :) I thought they'd look superb and they do, I know they are not cheap but they're almost an investment because they will protect the seats.

Tempted... Cost? (you don't have to say)

James

Happy to tell you, but I guess unfair on Ulli to spill here, I will facebook you

Hi, i am also bought these for my california and it is truly amazing how good these look and despite the significant effort to fit them, I recommend them whole heartedly. :thumb :cool
If you want to see them in real life, i am later this month at the Volksworld show in Esher!

Gert

Hi Redredzimmer and vwjake,

We thought the covers looked fab in redredzimmers photo and took the plunge too. I think they are going to look great and seem to fit really well but I am having a small problem fitting the rear bench top cover.
There seems to be a piece of fabric at the back of the seat which stops me from threading the seat cover through to Velcro the front and back together.

Any chance you could give me some help working out what to do?

Thanks

Carol

I'm considering these.

Are they waterproof, would spilt wine penetrate the covers I wonder?

Was considering the Brandrup ones, but there's still a risk the original seats can be damaged.

Also wonder if the Alcantara is a good or bad thing, never really understood it, is it supposed to wear better than leather? Wonder if these can be ordered without the Alcantara.

Hi Carol,

To fit the covers correctly it is necessary to pop the roller blind style fabric off the back of the bench seat, stretch the seat cover around, and fasten tightly with the Velcro.

You then make some tiny slits in the seat cover and reattach the roller blind into its original holes, over the top of the newly fitted seat cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Reserves,

Nearly a year in and I love my seat covers. They are so good most people think they are the vehicles original seats.

Alcantara is cheaper than suede, but in my opinion a better option as it is far easier to clean.

The vinyl part of the seat covers is very resistant to liquids etc, and the Alcantara is very resistant to cleaning, so all in all, great protection for the original seats beneath!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for all this info. What do the seat covers perform like - i.e. how sticky do they get in hot weather etc.? And how do the window bags attach?

We were considering these but when we asked if they were airbag certified he did not answer, I am only assuming they are not

Back