• Start date
H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Today took the Cali out not to camp but to visit Camper Centum Nederland again as it was theire last day of three days open door weekend .
Not that much news to catch regarding the California chatting to Rob the owner and the salesmen as the T6 with the new features like the split glas top , two-tone , petrol engine ,....has been known to everyone by now.
One thing as i myself am intrested in maybe swapping to a petrol version , it does seems that the petrol version is not very popular and certainly not in other than the 204bhp version .
The California XXL we discussed offcoarse and in seems CCN is trying to get the concept car in theire showroom for a show off ...chances are very high .
Chances are on the other hand very low the California XXL will go in production as it looks like now , special the rear will be diffrent so rumors are (ugly and not that practical ) And the fact the high top wil be very high in cost to produce. The weight is an issue also , all those gadgets add weight ....
VW will probaly end up with a California XL instead of a XXL....:D . The XXL ( if produced ) would probally have a price tag arround 100.000€ .

There where lots of people visiting and checking out the diffrent Cali's
Only ony beach in the showroom T6 two-tone , most seen was the T6 ocean and some used T5 SE's and a few Coasts also ....a full showroom !
IMG_6587.JPG

A Club joker
IMG_6595.JPG
IMG_6593.JPG
IMG_6590.JPG
IMG_6594.JPG

and also a T6 high top (done by Westfalia if remember , no picture taken )

They had a Kurkuma yellow T6 ocean , rare color ...(again forgot to take a picture )

There where some stands with travel info about organised trips to Schotland and Iceland , E-bikes ,..and a workshop on first aid .
It looked like a chrismas marked with wooden chalets...fingerfood and drinks as usual.
IMG_6588.JPG
And they brought in a Dutch TV-cook Rene Pluijm ( guess like your Jamie Oliver) to make one pot meals on a California cooker ....they had a kitchen unit installed central in the showroom!
IMG_6599.JPG
As a gift everyone got one of these...:thumb
IMG_6606.JPG

They have placed a order to get some Sven Hedin's (also been mentiond in the XXL tread here on the forum
Only Q-mark was when they will be getting them in the showroom.

Outside a special Dutch thema wrapped Cali !
IMG_6600.JPG

Had a nice day out in Holland as usual , on the way back stopped at one of Hollands biggest camping shops where you have it all ....if you got money to spent
70.000m2 showroom
https://www.dewitschijndel.nl/winkel/

Cheers ,
HC

Last edited:
Great pictures and review.
That Club Joker looks good, one for wild camping ( or free camping )

Great show! With intro from michel albrecht for the new tour to Corse and Sardinie next year.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thanks for review and pics HC. A bit busier than when I visited in late June this year!!

I will be keeping up with the news on the XXL - I think it's great!

The XXL wil be at display in the CCN showroom from 30 nov. - 2 dec. coming.

Back