Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Visit Wales

willwander

willwander

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
A travel writer said he received "such intense abuse" when he suggested people visit Wales that he has "no further plans" to book a stay in the country.

"I intended to inspire travellers to enjoy, responsibly, a part of the UK that is rich in wonders, and hoped their visits would in turn support local businesses."

Dion Humphreys from Porthmadog wrote: “Absolutely f***ing knob there’s a reason parts of Wales are going in to lockdown, we don’t want you lot bringing more cases to Wales. Now f*** off and stay in England.”

Last edited:
We had 4 nights near St David's last week. Great time had by all, locals very welcoming and we had the campsite, overlooking the sea, all to ourselves.

A travel writer said he received "such intense abuse" when he suggested people visit Wales that he has "no further plans" to book a stay in the country.

"I intended to inspire travellers to enjoy, responsibly, a part of the UK that is rich in wonders, and hoped their visits would in turn support local businesses."

Dion Humphreys from Porthmadog wrote: “Absolutely f***ing knob there’s a reason parts of Wales are going in to lockdown, we don’t want you lot bringing more cases to Wales. Now f*** off and stay in England.”

We’re not all like that. C-19 is bringing out the worst in lots of parts of society. Just need to be sensible and respectful.

That Simon calder guy does my head in.
He pops up everywhere giving his tips... errm well at the moment
you can have a holiday in Tunisia ( 3 weeks after a terror attack ) in a 2 star
hotel for a tenner if you fly stalingrad airways with a 2 day stopover and a bus
connection from st. petersburg to azerbaijan.

He's probably wasted an hour of my listening time where that time could've been
spent more wisely.

That Simon calder guy does my head in.
He pops up everywhere giving his tips... errm well at the moment
you can have a holiday in Tunisia ( 3 weeks after a terror attack ) in a 2 star
hotel for a tenner if you fly stalingrad airways with a 2 day stopover and a bus
connection from st. petersburg to azerbaijan.

He's probably wasted an hour of my listening time where that time could've been
spent more wisely.
You can always switch him off! You wasted your time not him for listening !
Ive always found him a fountain of knowledge and impartial. No one should be subjected to that abuse. The offender will no doubt be begging people to visit once the pandemic is over. After all what else is there but tourism in Porthmadog

Ive always found him a fountain of knowledge and impartial. No one should be subjected to that abuse. The offender will no doubt be begging people to visit once the pandemic is over. After all what else is there but tourism in Porthmadog
His abusers are probably the same bunch who used to torch Welsh holiday homes. Remember the old joke: ‘Come home to a real fire - buy a cottage in Wales’

Probably! These people want your money but they don’t want you there!
Agree but being 1/2 Welsh (the bottom half because it leeks!) I know how friendly most people are. Spent most of my childhood holidays on the Gower :)

I agree, the abuse is not nice.

Just back from two nights in Anglesey for our first trip, everyone was more than welcoming.

Wales is a beautiful country in the main BUT Please DONT visit us until this is all over. Today we learn that will are banning people from the most infected areas of England. Next year I’m sure you will be all welcome.

Some parts are! My Father is a little way down the A40 from you. I've only managed to visit him twice this year and was intending to visit in September but we had a postive Covid test outside the office and I thought it wise not to.

I'm gonna wait till i've got rid of this cold and then
i'm gonna come to Wales and kiss you all,
Yip you guessed it,
every man, woman and- err, well, all of you. :kiss