Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Visiting Budapest

skinnywhippet

skinnywhippet

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We're in Hungary at the moment and plan a day in Budapest. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations about parking - whether central with enough head height or park and ride? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't help you ,
i asked the forum moderartors sevral times if it is possible to search members by country but the answer is ....no can do....
If this was possible one could mention a member from Hungary in this post and he would get a warning he is mentiond and possible give a quick answer.
I am 100% sure we got members in Hungary but unfortunate unable to contact them if one does not know theire correct forum name...really shame.

Hopefully someone can give you some tips!

Never driven to Budapest so can't help specifically I'm afraid. How high are you? My general experience is that most cities have some central parking at 2.1 m that will take a Cali with no roof load.

On our recent trip we were about 2.7m - which was trickier. Our strategy was start at the centre and work out. We had bikes with us so were happy to park a little out and ride in.

Never driven to Budapest so can't help specifically I'm afraid. How high are you? My general experience is that most cities have some central parking at 2.1 m that will take a Cali with no roof load.

On our recent trip we were about 2.7m - which was trickier. Our strategy was start at the centre and work out. We had bikes with us so were happy to park a little out and ride in.
Just the usual so 1.95 I think. We have bikes but will leave them at whichever campsite we stay at.

Could try PM to these members who live near Budapest.

IMG_0370.PNG

Good find @WelshGas , using that map .... never thought on thatone...
Your ace !

Szia!

You should be able to fit into most park houses in town, I often park my Cali at "EZ Opera House Car Park" - just google that and you'll have all the details. This is very central and reasonably priced :)

Have fun in Budapest :)

David,

Szia!

You should be able to fit into most park houses in town, I often park my Cali at "EZ Opera House Car Park" - just google that and you'll have all the details. This is very central and reasonably priced :)

Have fun in Budapest :)

David,
Thanks that's really helpful. We'll either use that or stay at a campsite on the metro / tram system.

Lovely place.

I parked in the car park just by the parliament buildings for a few nights. Cheap parking.

Also there is a camp site in central Budapest, surrounded by residential property.

An easy city to get around, on both sides of the river.

Lovely place.

I parked in the car park just by the parliament buildings for a few nights. Cheap parking.

Also there is a camp site in central Budapest, surrounded by residential property.

An easy city to get around, on both sides of the river.
Thanks, working our way up from Southern Hungary at the moment. Seems a lovely country so far!

Thanks to @hewittd for the general advice. In case it helps others we stayed at Arena Camping. A bit tight and noisy but we expected that from a city site. It's all about convenience, with a short bus ride taking you to the metro, meaning it's about 20 mins. from campsite to the centre of town, with regular transport back late into the night. Great city, highlights for us were the Gellert baths (pretty empty early evening) and the Museum of Terror.

Currently in the Valley of the Beautiful Women, with a vague plan to get as far as Estonia.