Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Visiting Norfolk coast

Ally Whitehead

Ally Whitehead

Shout out to north Norfolk folk, we are taking our Cali to the Brancaster/Hunstanton area for the day soon and was looking for somewhere we could park up, get the chairs out and bbq/cook some lunch that was a) pretty and not just a car park and b) where we can leave the van and take the dog for an off lead walk. Any ideas guys? Plenty of picnic spots close to beaches/woods but guessing these are away from where you park and not all areas are dog friendly at this time of year. Keep an eye out for us - two tone navy/white ocean called Flossie.

Not that easy especially on a holiday weekend. More yellow lines everywhere than a few years back.
An option is the Sandringham road outside the house and Park has a grass verge that gets used for just that. Option with plenty of walks in the woods. Do be careful with security as I had a car broken into a few years back. holiday spots are always a target for the light fingered types.
Was in a proper carpark, mid afternoon. Smashed a side window and stole our picnic :headbang

Not North Norfolk but further round on eastern side.
Warren Farm, Waxham. They have a field for day visitors right next to dunes and the beach. Coastal path either to Sea Palling or other way to Horsey.

Not that easy especially on a holiday weekend. More yellow lines everywhere than a few years back.
An option is the Sandringham road outside the house and Park has a grass verge that gets used for just that. Option with plenty of walks in the woods. Do be careful with security as I had a car broken into a few years back. holiday spots are always a target for the light fingered types.
Was in a proper carpark, mid afternoon. Smashed a side window and stole our picnic :headbang
Crikey, thanks for that, will be mindful of idiots!

These are all good grassy spots overlooking the sea:

1. The big car park on the hill in Cromer
2. The car park at East Runton - with beach access
3. The car at West Runton - with beach access

Just arrive early and you'll be fine (providing you don't get stuck in traffic at Kings Lynn :(.

We like
Sheringham
Weybourne- you can do the steam railway (Holt Sheringham weyborne)
Holt.
Parking usually ok if you are there before 10-30ish
Cromer is also a favourite and we often camp at Kelling heath.

Didn't some of the private car parks start turning away camper vans last year? May be worth checking.

Holkam Hall if I recall correctly.
Sorry Jason, are you recommending Holkham hall or saying campers can’t go? Given they host a triathlon event (these guys notoriously use vans) they’d be daft to ban them.

The car park at Holkham Hall had a temporary (as far as I’m aware) ban on all campervan and motorhomes for a time last year. I recall that they put details on their website, so worth a look there.

There is a big car park on the cliff top just after Hunstanton by the lighthouse. If you get there early and choose your spot there are good views. Hunstanton beach heading North East is lovely. It will be busy though

No...just mentioning that i recall that this time last year a number of car parks owned by the same owner put a blanket ban on all Campervans and motor-homes......i believe this included Wells Next the Sea. It's possible that its was temporary, as mentioned these were operated by

Worth checking if you're heading to one of these.

Sorry Jason, are you recommending Holkham hall or saying campers can’t go? Given they host a triathlon event (these guys notoriously use vans) they’d be daft to ban them.

We were in Wells next the Sea and Holkham Hall just two weeks ago had no problems at all.

Shout out to north Norfolk folk, we are taking our Cali to the Brancaster/Hunstanton area for the day soon and was looking for somewhere we could park up, get the chairs out and bbq/cook some lunch that was a) pretty and not just a car park and b) where we can leave the van and take the dog for an off lead walk. Any ideas guys? Plenty of picnic spots close to beaches/woods but guessing these are away from where you park and not all areas are dog friendly at this time of year. Keep an eye out for us - two tone navy/white ocean called Flossie.
You can park near the beach at Weybourne. It is a stony beach popular with drivers. Paying carpark.

You might be able to do this at Burham Overy Staithe. Maybe not in the car park but there are a few places in the oxbow layby looking out to sea - if you're there early enough.

There is a big car park on the cliff top just after Hunstanton by the lighthouse. If you get there early and choose your spot there are good views. Hunstanton beach heading North East is lovely. It will be busy though

We had a walk out on the beach and a lunch there - great spot I thought, all on grass, but looks like it gets busy.