Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Voice button

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When I press the voice button I get a message something along the lines of "contact your dealer for an activation key to use the voice command".

Is that something you have to pay extra for?

When I press the voice button I get a message something along the lines of "contact your dealer for an activation key to use the voice command".

Is that something you have to pay extra for?
On the T6 - Yes.

There are multiple previous threads about CarNet / CarPlay / whatever it's called as a retro fit. Basically VW will do it for their car division, but not for Commercial as far as I can work out so far.

It's a software / licence key thing & whilst it's technically possible they're not being cooperative (unless you have the same radio in a Golf).

I have app connect/ car play which works fine. Also found in the manual if I press and hold the voice button it brings up Siri which works ok. As I understand if I just press briefly it should work when not using appconnect. Presumably useful for controlling the phone when connected via Bluetooth.

How much do they charge - didn't see this in any pricelists

I have app connect/ car play which works fine. Also found in the manual if I press and hold the voice button it brings up Siri which works ok. As I understand if I just press briefly it should work when not using appconnect. Presumably useful for controlling the phone when connected via Bluetooth.

How much do they charge - didn't see this in any pricelists

If I press once I can give it commands like play cd, call blah blah, select station. Have I missed something?

Voice Commands is a chargeable option on the T6 (or certainly was in 2016). It does work with Siri when using Carplay but not when the phone is Bluetooth connected.

I have both voice control and App Connect and voice control is undoubtedly a waste of money if you have App Connect. The latter does everything you need with Siri voice commands (or android auto equivalents). Yes you can do voice control via Bluetooth but seems largely irrelevant now.

Only way I could foresee it being worthwhile is if you don't use a smart phone and have no need for App Connect

• Informative
Reactions: DM
Back