Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

volkswagon driver mag

Martin

Is it wrong that I am quite excited by the Polo on the front cover?

Would like to have a read of the Cali article :)

James

My, my mum and Dad had a six pager in that mag once - we all had a mk3 GTi 16v Golf at the time!

KernowLad said:
My, my mum and Dad had a six pager in that mag once - we all had a mk3 GTi 16v Golf at the time!

Which was possibly the worst golf gti made! ;)

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
KernowLad said:

Which was possibly the worst golf gti made! ;)

No way.

It was an underrated model - properly nippy, well made and with far better suspension than the baggier VR6; you just needed to make sure you got a German, not South African made model.

If you want a bad GTI, look at ANY mk4. Although the prize must go to the limited early run 1.8 (non Turbo) 125bhp model which was comically bad. All but the R32 (which we had) mk4s handled so badly it was like a joke. The 1.8T was popular and tuneable but the engine was just dull.

Had my mk3 for three years. Never missed a beat, cheap to run, quick when driven well, decent boot space, comfortable. The 8v version was a bit naff and well down on power compared to the 16v. Had worse suspension and brakes too.

In many ways I preferred my mk3 to my mk2 GTi.

You need to research your Golfs a little harder... ;) :lol:

Hence the wink.

And in my humble opinion the mk3's and 4's were bad, VW really lost their way, after the mk2, which I had a lovely 16v model. VR6 was the only decent model.

:thumb

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Hence the wink.

Oh darn. I've jumped in head first yet again... :oops:

DOH!!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

I get a bit defensive about mk3s... :lol:

Oh and I agree about the R32, I had a mk4 and 5 version.

I see they didn't realise the window over the fridge has the "tea tray" shutter rather than a pull down blind and resorted to putting a bag on the worktop to give total privacy.

I noticed that as well......journalists!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Back