Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volunteer for our 12v TV package?

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Hi Folks, I'm after a volunteer to try out and review our new 12v TV/DVD and Gallant headrest bracket which can be seen here ----> http://www.comfortzleisure.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=106_133
http://www.comfortzleisure.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=106_133
I've been using them both for several months now and think they're fab but it'd be good to get another view and some more pictures!.

Obviously for doing this there would be a major discount :thumb

Please let me know if you're interested :)

Could have done with this to keep up with the Olympics over the past couple of weeks. Have you just used it for playing DVDs or have you set it up with a TV aerial. I'm not a big fan of TV in the van but just occasionaly I think 'wouldn't it be good if we could watch ....................."
I'd be intersted in trying / reviewing it but not got any trips planned for a few weeks so wouldn't be able to feedback in the short term.

Hi Folks, I'm after a volunteer to try out and review our new 12v TV/DVD and Gallant headrest bracket which can be seen here ----> http://www.comfortzleisure.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=106_133
I've been using them both for several months now and think they're fab but it'd be good to get another view and some more pictures!.

Hello,
My wife and I have a small Avtex TV/DVD player which we sometimes use when the weather is dismal and/or during the very long dark winter nights when a trip to the pub or other outing has been ruled out. When we have used it, it has usually been as a TV with an Avtex aerial hung internally inside the roof. Reception is usually fair to excellent. We usually park the TV on it's stand on the glass kitchen cover but this can be a problem if we need to make a cupper. Accordingly, as this bracket could prove to be very useful, we would be very willing to purchase one and do a review for you. Please PM me if you would like us to help.

Last edited:
I use mine mainly in a couple of ways - but its mainly driven around my little one (6 yrs).
When driving a few hours I'll pop her a film on via the DVD or USB input.
She also likes to watch a couple of cartoons in a morning whilst we're getting dressed and set up for breakfast.

But if the weather turns rubbish its always handy to have it there for something to do. I was watching Andy Murry in the Olympics weekend before last - Brilliant!

I use one of these from Maplins - http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-dvb-t-mobile-tv-ariel-a30gy
and I must admit there's only been once I've not got a signal and that was at Sherwood forest - where no one could get a signal. If also just modified the front of my Cali-topper roof with some velcro so I can attach the aerial at the very top front edge, before sending the roof up - It'll be the first try this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes!

Paul I'll get you a bracket sorted - not problem. (Still got that other job to look at too ;))

DM - I'll PM you and we'll get one sorted for you :thumb

And I'm off to correct the typo on the website . . . .oooops:talktothehand

Hi Nick,
where do you store the TV when not in use or do you leave it attached to the headrest all of the time?
Cheers

I must admit 80% of the time it stops on the bracket because the bus is either parked on my drive or at work. If I drive into a town center etc I'll remove it and if fits nicely into the brandrup 3 pockets seat tidy . . . the one on the left here ----> Seat Storage

Failing that on a towel in the drawer under the bed :thumb

I use mine mainly in a couple of ways - but its mainly driven around my little one (6 yrs).
When driving a few hours I'll pop her a film on via the DVD or USB input.
She also likes to watch a couple of cartoons in a morning whilst we're getting dressed and set up for breakfast.

But if the weather turns rubbish its always handy to have it there for something to do. I was watching Andy Murry in the Olympics weekend before last - Brilliant!

I use one of these from Maplins - http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-dvb-t-mobile-tv-ariel-a30gy
and I must admit there's only been once I've not got a signal and that was at Sherwood forest - where no one could get a signal. If also just modified the front of my Cali-topper roof with some velcro so I can attach the aerial at the very top front edge, before sending the roof up - It'll be the first try this weekend so I'll let you know how it goes!

Paul I'll get you a bracket sorted - not problem. (Still got that other job to look at too ;))

DM - I'll PM you and we'll get one sorted for you :thumb

And I'm off to correct the typo on the website . . . .oooops:talktothehand
Thanks Nick,
I know how busy you are, so no hurry.
Best wishes,
Paul

Hi I would be interested. I have been camping now for a month in the Cali and using an iPad setup but been thinking how to mount my avtex tv !

I'd imagine so Daz, you'd just need to mount it on the other side :thumb
You can certainly mount the bracket on the seat facing either direction. But you'd have to remove the whole bracket (not just the TV mount) to use the seat otherwise it would be likely to skewer the passenger :shocked

I've just got the TV and mount from Nick to review. First impressions are good - I'll post more fully in a few days. But I haven't managed to get a TV signal yet. I'm sure that's nothing to do with the TV - signal quality and strength where I live is terrible. I have to have an amplifier on my roof arial. Has anybody tried an omnidirectional arial with a 12V signal booster / amplifier in their van. Gonna have to find one I think.

I recently volunteered to test the new TV bracket that Comfortz Leisure are advertising. As usual, Nick ensured that it was on my mat the following day. What brilliant service!

We have a small Avtex 18" TV/DVD with an Avtex STH 3000 digital aerial, that gets occasional use on long dark evenings in the Cali. The trouble is that we usually stand it on the cooker/sink worktop and this makes it awkward if you want to use the facilities beneath at the same time. Could this new TV bracket be the answer?

Well we have just tested it and can report that it does exactly what it says on the tin. This multi component black metal bracket is comprised of two main sub assemblies, the first being the section that fits onto the seat headrest and the second is the bracket that is secured to the rear of the TV. It is compact, well made and fits securely, facing rearwards, onto the chrome headrest supports on the passenger seat. Here it is fitted and with the section that joins to the other half of the bracket (screwed to the rear of the TV) folded away for safety. The bracket is a little fiddly to fit but once fitted can remain in situ permanently.
image.jpeg
It is possible to view the TV/DVD with the seat facing forward........
image.jpeg
or by removing the headrest and reversing it you can view with the seat facing rearwards.
image.jpeg
Once the bracket (shown above) is fitted to the headrest, all you have to do is permenantly screw the other half of the bracket to the standard fixing holes on the rear of your TV with the screws provided and its ready to be attached. This is a simple matter of joining the TV with bracket attached to the other half on the headrest with the bolt and wingnut provided. Then adjust the angle to suit and tighten. Simples!

So far we have only used the TV two or three times but on each occasion we have found the reception to be excellent just by hanging our aerial internally inside the pop top roof.

When not in use, our TV/DVD sits safely inside it's Avtex case behind the passenger seat.
image.jpeg
So to conclude, this is a very neat and well made bracket that holds the TV firmly in place. It enables you to free up the worktop space and places your TV/DVD in a good viewing location. It's brilliant! What more is there to say?

One final note. In order to test this bracket out, my wife and I watched a DVD whilst staying on a small caravan site in the New Forest whilst en route to the East Fleet Farm Cali meet last weekend. The film that we watched was "Florence Foster Jenkins". If you haven't seen it, do. It's superb.

Last edited:
This looks great - has anyone tried this on the move for rear passengers?

We have small headrest tvs in a car, but with the California coming, the children will be further away from screens and a single larger tv could do the trick for them both...

Thanks
Mark

This looks great - has anyone tried this on the move for rear passengers?

We have small headrest tvs in a car, but with the California coming, the children will be further away from screens and a single larger tv could do the trick for them both...

Thanks
Mark
Hi I can drive with the 16" Avtex TV mounted on the gallant bracket no problem on the drivers headrest. Very light setup and speeds up setup and no storage requirements. Don't view it when on the move though but would be concerned wrt safety for anyone sitting in the back. I also have the active Avtex antenna which I hang from the roof internally. It has never let me down getting a signal even in the outskirts of Oban.

Back