Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold VW California - 17" Thunder wheels with Winter tyres

sprout99

sprout99

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Full set of VW Thunder alloy wheels - 17" and were originally fitted to my VW California.
I have recently upgraded to 18" wheels

Tyres are all 235-55-17 103V and load rated correctly. All tyres are 3 peak winter approved and M&S marked

Wheels have no kerbing and as you can see have the original factory coloured dot in tact.

I have recently fitted 2 x Goodyear Ultragrip Performance +, They have never been driven -
So have Full tread. The other 2 tyres are continental Winter contact TS850 and have 5~6mm Tread remaining.

Any questions - please send me a message. Wheels are located in County Durham.

£400.

Any shipping needs to be discussed separately.

Additional images here :- https://photos.app.goo.gl/RDL4jpSRtitCQdCf6

DSC_0122.JPGDSC_0123.JPGDSC_0124.JPGDSC_0125.JPGDSC_0126.JPGDSC_0127.JPGDSC_0128.JPGDSC_0129.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, I'm interested in these. Can I ask why the wheels have different branded tyres on as I'm not sure if it's wise to run different makes front and rear. I realise they are all winter tyres. Also are you willing to accept offers?

I would never run different tyres on same axle but matched pairs should not be an issue. Yes they are all winters I run them or all seasons all year. We don't do that many miles in van.

The 2 new tyres cost me £300 earlier in year. So I don't have much wiggle room.

Thanks for getting back to me, and yes agreed re running the same tyre on both axles. Where did you get the Goodyears from, as they are quite difficult to locate. Would you accept £370 + postage?

Full set of VW Thunder alloy wheels - 17" and were originally fitted to my VW California.

Tyres are all 235-55-17 103V and load rated correctly. All tyres are 3 peak winter approved and M&S marked

Wheels have no kerbing and as you can see have the original factory coloured dot in tact.

I have recently fitted 2 x Goodyear Ultragrip Performance +, They have never been driven -
So have Full tread. The other 2 tyres are continental Winter contact TS850 and have 5~6mm Tread remaining.

£400.

View attachment 101645View attachment 101646View attachment 101647View attachment 101648View attachment 101649View attachment 101650View attachment 101651View attachment 101652
I will DM you.

£400.

View attachment 101645View attachment 101646View attachment 101647View attachment 101648View attachment 101649View attachment 101650View attachment 101651View attachment 101652
Hi, I’m interested also, so I’ll send you a message…

I’m assuming that as I was in negotiations first that I would be given first refusal.

Can I point out that I have been approached by people who did not post publicly on here - which makes this a little awkward.

I have someone looking at the wheels in person today. Then it would fall naturally to Doddler and Hawthorn.

I understand this, but I’m not aware on what’s going on behind the scenes. You did not respond to my 2nd post re the offer and I’m left totally in the dark. Hence why I’m asking the moderators to consider bringing in rules for the sake of transparency.

IMO a seller doesn’t need to accept any particular offer (factors of price, will the buyer collect in person or send the item by courier), so I doubt you can moderate on this. It’s usual on this and other forums (and Facebook) to direct message, rather than open your offer to public gaze.

Apologies, wheels have just sold

If you have problems and they are available again, I will pay the previously agreed price and collect.
I agree with your sentiment on previous discussions.