Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California 3rd Cheapest car to insure in UK.

s2bear

s2bear

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
According to an Admiral Insurance database quoted in the papers (my news feed) this morning, The VW California is No.3 on the list of cheapest cars to insure. Here is the list:
1007d22197d6f74c9613dd9950032326.plist

2nd least depreciating ‘car’ and 3rd cheapest to insure. What’s not to like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even more so when considered on a cost of vehicle / cost to insure.

Most on that list are cheapish city cars. Can't be bothered to look up the cost of a Dacia Logan but the cost to insure it must be relatively high compared to its purchase price.

The other angle is (not sure to whisper, for fear of upsetting Cali folk, or shout a bit so we can hear) but average owner age must also play its part.

Ducking now....

Last edited:
According to an Admiral Insurance database quoted in the papers (my news feed) this morning, The VW California is No.3 on the list of cheapest cars to insure. Here is the list:

I have two cars from that list: California and Citigo.

I pay less to insure our Citigo with 2 yrs NCD than the California with 9 years NCD.

As I’m super young and virile I can’t comment on the age bit, my Cali insurance is part of a business policy too but that Defender information goes against my experience. Defender premiums were/ are high as they’re aluminium (expensive to repair) often stolen and short of safety aids

I think the care with which owners drive and use their Cali’s might be a factor in this type of statistic-driven business, limited mileage helps; pre war Bentley insurance is paltry but a £2000 Vauxhall Carlos Fandango STDi expensive

Having posted that I still pay way more than those figures. Maybe it’s a tactic to get people to phone Admiral for a quote.

Our Diesel Mini costs more to insure that our California and the California is probably worth about 7 times the value of the mini..Seems crazy..

Land Rover 90 !
These get stolen and stripped so often round here that the Police send out letters to owners warning them to take out extra security.

We insure an MX5 and the Cali with Admiral how odd!
Same here up until last week, when I sold the Mazda. Although I have been impressed with Admiral my recent experience of their online chat was abysma!

May have something to do with not generally being able to insure them for business purposes. I’m sure there are exceptions.

D3 4.4V8 at £168

The Caravan and Motorhome club have charged me £538.59 for my T6 Cal for one year. This seems high, can anyone recommend a better place to insure my van?

The Caravan and Motorhome club have charged me £538.59 for my T6 Cal for one year. This seems high, can anyone recommend a better place to insure my van?

£407 with comfort, unlimited mileage.

Actually I had "unlimited mileage" but only did 5500 miles last year. I dropped this down to 10k, and the value which they still had from year 2, and the renewal dropped from £400 to £297.

I pay £287 fully comp on an LV Multi car policy. No NCD on the Cali as used on other cars on the policy. Based on 8,000 miles per annum £400 excess for 44 yr old Male.

I tried to be insure with comfort. Was told after a few questions that they don't insure unless it is a secure car park or you own the drive/car park...

Very odd.....im going from a 2 litre Golf TDI and the Cali is £150 more a year to Insure.

May have something to do with not generally being able to insure them for business purposes. I’m sure there are exceptions.
I have full business cover through Comfort and it’s still cheap too.

Regards,

Goss

Land Rover 90 !
These get stolen and stripped so often round here that the Police send out letters to owners warning them to take out extra security.
Getting robbed on the farms, even with a dead sheep in the back! Surprised me when I saw the Defenders are on the list ..... hot property.

Our insurance is due in January 2023 any recommendations which company is good to use. We are heading to mainland Europe for 8 weeks in June so need to make sure we are coved there.