Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California as a company car

california2

california2

Vehicle
Looking to buy
hi all,
Just wondered if anyone has a California as a company car and if they could give me the pros and cons of same.
Many thanks for any information

Thank you very much for that information it was most helpful.

Benefit in kind is the killer, bit Imo the benefits outweigh it. As if for a similar priced vehicle it would be the same and you may only have a car.

Ye I think the BIK is definitely the killer. Will have to think long and hard about it. Thanks very much for your input.

I put the california as a pool car. My accountant was not happy at all and cited a case in England where the owner used it as a mobile office, but taxman disagreed and left the chap with a huge bik bill, despite having a semi plausible justification. He was a building surveyor and did travel through business. I'll try and find it, should b e able to find it with Google.? Went to court to argue case, but lost.
I think the hmrc are wise to it, the case above was enough to put most off.
Meanwhile, I have a vw welfare vehicle as we need washing and cleaning facilities when we're on site. So, it was a £25k transit that needed modified , or a vw that was prepared in the factory. I choose the latter. :)

Thanks for the info Craig. Happy travels in your Cali.

Back