VW California Beach 6.1 - Car Insurance

• Thread starter Light Footprint
  • Start date
L

Light Footprint

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach 199
Just picking up our new Beach on Friday and our car insurance (ABN AMRO) provider told us they do not provide insurance for the VW California here in the Netherlands. After checking a few car insurance sites I recognize that the drop-down menu after you indicate Volkswagon does not have the Model - California and perhaps this is why they now tell us that its not possible to insure. Any tips what model it could fall under? Has anyone had this problem before? Many thanks!

Ok, so you already took possession of the Cali. It will be on a small plate in the corner of the dash facing the windscreen.

I only will pick up the VW on Friday - perhaps I can call to get the VIN number however, it seems that on all insurance sites (to get a quote) you need to indicate the model (no place for VIN).

And you have a couple of weeks complimentary insurance cover through Campers, so you have some time.

There are multiple insurance companies that do list the California. Try Aveco, NKC, Camperverzekerd, Safe Trip, Centraal Beheer, etc.