Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
sapto

sapto

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Okay, they are still offering the tours... who's in for help? Great would be: 1 Mod, 1 Germanspeaking/writer, 1 who knows the camping (@hotel california) and 1 to lead and support at point/at the meeting.

I would love to come but at present my personal situation is such I cannot confirm. Depending on how events at home unfold I may be able to conform positively by end of November.

In any case May next year is completely out for me as would be early part of November.

Thank you @GrannyJen for your answer.

However still a bit silent here.
So fact is so far: I would like to help a team to plan this kind of visit/help to translate or if not necessary just pass on my contact details of the factory. I won‘t be able to come myself next spring - that is fine to me.

What we need for a team is: 1 Mod (@Martin ?), 1 leader at point (@hotel california: depends on when, right?) and 1 supporter for the tours @the factories/staff to support the leader at the camping.

So if you‘d like to join we still need some help

Both Sarah and I are well up for a tour if it can be arranged in 2018. Not sure if I can help at all, I can try if someone needs something but as I’ve not even got a Cali yet (expected jan/Feb) I might not be best qualified!

Both Sarah and I are well up for a tour if it can be arranged in 2018. Not sure if I can help at all, I can try if someone needs something but as I’ve not even got a Cali yet (expected jan/Feb) I might not be best qualified!

Thank you itguy! Appreciate that. I’ll keep you up with news and of course you‘d be more than qualified! Plan is to do the tour around Spring.

Perhaps we should move this discussion to a 'Factory Tour 2018' topic?

I would agree with that. Having been on the 2017 tour I stopped looking after a couple of weeks so missed this post completely.

Shane and I are interested. I’d be happy to help and can do any role except speak German.

We collect our lovely Cali on Monday. Can’t wait!!! Much earlier than anticipated.

I just ticked 25/26 May and can be available for some help provided it is not required in German. Sorry I can't make the other two dates.

Umm.......I assume you know that weekend is the start of a weeks School Holidays in the UK and so Ferries will be priced accordingly........

I just ticked 25/26 May and can be available for some help provided it is not required in German. Sorry I can't make the other two dates.

Umm.......I assume you know that weekend is the start of a weeks School Holidays in the UK and so Ferries will be priced accordingly........

Thank you, great intel @Jabberwocky. I thought it was just an extra day off on Monday.
So it is rather important to decide as fast as possible.

If you go there, it might be interesting to visit the bulli oldtimer museum just round the corner from the Cali assembly plant in Hannover Limmer. It is now also open on Saturday, not just Wednesday.
bulli-klassik-tour-tickets_14294_116968_222x222.jpg
img.jpg

Tickets can be ordered here: http://bit.ly/BulliKlassikTour

Update: I wrote to my (former) contact at VW in Hannover and she didn’t reply herself. Instead a trainee wrote back. She said they won‘t offer any tours on Friday/Saturday. Unfortunately only from Monday till Thursday. That is new to me and I try to get some more intel about this change.
Worst case: I am going to set up some new dates...

Good news, they still offer the tours in English. Not so good news: We have to find some new dates because they (really really - I am not so sure about that, I'll try to contact the German Caliboard) only offer tours as said above. So in this case: any preferences? For example: Week 14 after Easter? 30th/31st October in Autumn?

Kind of sorry to dissapoint you all and sad as well. The VW Factory just wrote to me they do not offer any tours through the California assambling factory (at the moment). :sad
I will "ask" the Caliboard to get more intel how they're dealing with this new situation. I'll keep you up to date.

Well done Sapto.
Thank you for dedicating some time to the task.

Back