Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California 'Deck' chairs

Steve G

Steve G

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Can anyone point me in the direction of some of the bolts that hold the hinge section on the chairs?
Managed to lose one somehow!

What one do you need it have a couple knocking about

Can anyone point me in the direction of some of the bolts that hold the hinge section on the chairs?
Is your Cali under warranty? They do come out often and VW will swap the chairs for you!

Yes, they do loosen over time. Happened to me, but fortunately the parts were still in the storage area of the tailgate.
Best to check your nuts regularly;)

This happened to us. They just loosen & fall out. Poor design.

I got replacement bolts from the very helpful & obliging Wolfgang at whaug@camping-schuh.de.

He sells repair kits & speaks English, and was recommended by someone on the forum.

When you get the replacement bolts, fix them in with loctite, otherwise you'll be looking for another set of replacements pretty soon (speaking from experience!). That was a few years ago, no problem with them now.

Do you still have some Kevin, I have a broken spacer and was just about to contact Germany but if you have some spares still will buy some off you.

What set do you need pete?
Thanks Keven I will come back to you later in the week I think it was set 3 but need to double check, I am working all weekend and all week, but will check and come back to you mid week when working shorter hrs , if they are not too dear may get more for spares just in case we need at a later date.
What sets do you have and what price are they per set.

Back