Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Exclusive - where to find a new Lid for the Cooker?

Jonas R.

Jonas R.

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi folks!

Just bought my first Cali exclusive! The glass lid for the cooker was smashed by the previous owner. Anyone knows where I kind find a new one?

Already tried www.vwbusshop.de, with no results...

If the hinges and front piece are present and just the glass broken, a good glass merchant may be able to help....appropriately toughened etc.

Big thanks!

Been looking for a while without any results... Not very surprised thou...

The hinges are still there but the front piece is missing. I proabably will try to figure something out, with help from our local glass merchant. The front part of the lid will proabably be the most tricky part to fix... Any suggestions?

I'll try and send you some detailed snaps of mine. I reckon with detailed studying of available aluminium profiles and some grey spray paint, you'll get pretty close to the factory look.

Big thanks!

Been looking for a while without any results... Not very surprised thou...

The hinges are still there but the front piece is missing. I proabably will try to figure something out, with help from our local glass merchant. The front part of the lid will proabably be the most tricky part to fix... Any suggestions?

@Jonas R. It's probably a long shot but this link has a diagram of all the component parts of your kitchen, note the appropriate ones down and ask your local VW dealership. You never know there may be just what you're after collecting dust in a stock room somewhere. Fingers crossed.

Just a thought
What about making one out of metal, or wood?
Much eaisier to fashion, and you could make quite a feature
My glass one has a lovely plastic cover, as it is a better surface
And
My local glass merchant charges silly prices for bespoke bits
I wanted a shower door, and it was cheaper to buy the whole frame and fixings.

+mrcheesbrough Thanks for the link! The swedish vw distributors never imported the california exclusive, so itś not likley that they have any spare parts at all...

Proabably i'll make one myself. Not in wood, sounds risky that close too the burner. Im now looking for an piece of steel or aluminium and a nice profile to fit on the front...

I'll try and send you some detailed snaps of mine. I reckon with detailed studying of available aluminium profiles and some grey spray paint, you'll get pretty close to the factory look.

That would be Great!! Big thanks!

Back