Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Factory Tour Hannover - [Archived]

Should I add my half in Doodle? ... I mean.... well sure you know what I mean :D

Many thanks.

I've made using my phone and by mistake added myself twice in "Stöcken Group B: 13.00 - 16.00".
I cannot (don't know how to) amend it. Can it be done by the list admin?
I deleted you once. Please enter the 2nd name as well.

I've added a third person, but the timeslots that we (the first two persons) are in are full. Do I need to chance our timeslots or I wait a little bit and change it when I see cancellations?

I've added a third person, but the timeslots that we (the first two persons) are in are full. Do I need to chance our timeslots or I wait a little bit and change it when I see cancellations?

Hi , Raf there could well be a annulation we look in to it but the group you are in is already full sometime with mostly "regulars on here" so doubt if there be annulations . We will make sure the three of you get the tour together , pretty soon all lists must fall in place as it is coming very close now
Where did you added the thirth person ?

For those coming to the factory visit the next week , did all of you get the mail with the adresses and meetingpoints ?
If not :

Dear VW California owner , club member ,

Finally we are getting really close to the Hannover factory visit to see the VW T6 build and in follow beeing transformed in a California at the Limmer plant .
It has been a while now since the first mention of the plans to visit the Hannover factory and lots has been said and discussed on the forum .
We would like to give the final details to all those attending the 18th or/and 19th april comming so everyone can be sure they got all the correct adresses and meetingpoints.

Most attenders will stay at campsite we suggested :
Campingplatz Birkensee
30880 Laatzen/Hannover
http://www.camping-birkensee.de/index.php

You are free to chose a diffrent campsite.

Each needs to sign up with thiere personal details and pay for themselves depending your stay , some have made a booking others did not . They assured us there's a place for all attenders .

There can be pitched up in a field together but this is not a must , if you want to chose a pitch somewhere else on the site , just ask it at the reception . At arrival on site let the receptionist know you want to join "the group of VW Califorina campervans" and they will show you the field in witch we will be camped up.

Other people not using the campsite we guess will be in a hotel in the nearby surrounding of Hannover. If they want to visit the campsite to meet up with the forummembers i suggest they do ask at the reception if it is ok to park outside the campsite and walk in.

Those beeing in Hannover just for the day can do likewise if they want alltough there will be a meet-up before each induvidual tour (check your timetable to make sure you are in the right place at the right time ! )

We meet at the specefic place where each factory is located the campsite is not the meetingpoint the day of the tour!
Check your timetable and go to one of the following adresses

The Hannover VW T6 factory is located:

VW Kunden Center (Visitors Center)
Stelingerstrasse 1
30419 Hannover

Coming from the main road you have the Kunden Center to your left and on your rigth opposite to the Kunden Center entrance is a large (free) parking on where it is advised to park up . This is a public parkingarea that can be used to everyone who needs to be in or arround the factory.
I guess once the first Cali is parked up it would quickly turn in to a line-up with Cali's from the forum.

Entering the factory itself at the time given we do in group and needs to pass security .
So we will take the time to meet and greet eachother in front of the Kunden Center (outside) there is a childerens playfield with a large red/white T1 playtoy witch you can't look next to , that will be the place to gather 30min. before your tour starts so the organisers can do a namecheck/headcount
There's a 10min walk to do from there passing security and to the actual factory entrance so we need to use a time limit to be in time meeting the guide .
Once the group is passed the security there's no possibility to join anymore , so everyone please be at least 30min before your visit starts outside at the Kunde Center .
Meeting point in picture below
IMG_4277.JPG

The factory visit itself takes about a 3km walk according to where the guides take us , they just walk us thru the working factory using there own instinct . Please wear comfortable shoes (lady's best no high heels , some stairs will need to be walkt also)
We can hang our coats away when entering the factory .
Childeren attending must be kept aside theire parent(s) and carefully looked afther .
It is a working factory with verhicles driving arround . We stay in the group at all time.

There will be asked to put a headset on to listen to the guides comment .
German or Englisch spoken depending on the guide , unfortunate we can not garentee each group will have a Englisch spoken guide , we will try our best to do so.

Note that the Kunde Center is open for public and worth while to go inside as there's a small theme exibition , a VW shop , restaurant,coffeebar ,toilets,....
The Kunde Center is actually the place where you need to call in when choosing to do the personal verhicle pick-up of your brand new VW made in Hannover.

The California assembling plant is in a diffrent location on the other side of Hannover:

Brinkmanhallen
Sudfeldstrasse 17
30453 Hannover (Limmer)

Beware....!!!
This is located in the Umweltzone (emissionzone) and reqiures a toll-tag to get there by car.
Those not having this before arriving in Germany (you can order online and send to your homeadres) can buy those in Germany at specific gasstations and sevicepoints , please do your research up front so your are stressfree . It only coast a few €.
https://www.umwelt-plakette.de/de/home.html

There is no private parking so you need to park up at roadside , this can get stricky as this is in a industrial zone and lots of parkingspots are taken by workers.

Meetingpoint outside on the street in front of the entrance gate .
IMG_4302.JPG

We go in as a group .
May we ask also to be here in time at least 15min before your visit starts! So we can do a namecheck/headcount.
The Brinkmanhallen is a factory and factory only no public place so nothing else to do there. Please meet in front of the gate do not enter the site by your own.
The Cali Assembling visit takes less walking , it is more a small warehouse rather than a factory
A headset will need to be used to hear the guides comment
You need to stay with the group at all time.

Also note that as well in Hannover factory as in Limmer California plant it is stricktly forbidden to take pictures or to film due to privacy of the workers.

Afther the Hannover factory visit / Limmer Cali assembling plant is completed you are free to do whatever you feel like but remember to be in time for the next part of your tour at the given time/place.
There will be gatherd before and afther the tour so those wishing to drive in group to the next destination can make a group .

We would love to see you alle there ,
hope you all have a safe trip heading in and enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime experience seeing the VW California build from scratch with your own eyes....

The team of organisers.

Wim / Hotel California
Richard / Rich20
Sapto / Sapto
Swissian
Martin

Hi Wim,
We received the email and details last week, thank you.
Chris & Chris / Cali4nia-Dream

For those coming to the factory visit the next week , did all of you get the mail with the adresses and meetingpoints ?
If not :

Dear VW California owner , club member ,

Finally we are getting really close to the Hannover factory visit to see the VW T6 build and in follow beeing transformed in a California at the Limmer plant .
It has been a while now since the first mention of the plans to visit the Hannover factory and lots has been said and discussed on the forum .
We would like to give the final details to all those attending the 18th or/and 19th april comming so everyone can be sure they got all the correct adresses and meetingpoints.

Most attenders will stay at campsite we suggested :
Campingplatz Birkensee
30880 Laatzen/Hannover
http://www.camping-birkensee.de/index.php

You are free to chose a diffrent campsite.

Each needs to sign up with thiere personal details and pay for themselves depending your stay , some have made a booking others did not . They assured us there's a place for all attenders .

There can be pitched up in a field together but this is not a must , if you want to chose a pitch somewhere else on the site , just ask it at the reception . At arrival on site let the receptionist know you want to join "the group of VW Califorina campervans" and they will show you the field in witch we will be camped up.

Other people not using the campsite we guess will be in a hotel in the nearby surrounding of Hannover. If they want to visit the campsite to meet up with the forummembers i suggest they do ask at the reception if it is ok to park outside the campsite and walk in.

Those beeing in Hannover just for the day can do likewise if they want alltough there will be a meet-up before each induvidual tour (check your timetable to make sure you are in the right place at the right time ! )

We meet at the specefic place where each factory is located the campsite is not the meetingpoint the day of the tour!
Check your timetable and go to one of the following adresses

The Hannover VW T6 factory is located:

VW Kunden Center (Visitors Center)
Stelingerstrasse 1
30419 Hannover

Coming from the main road you have the Kunden Center to your left and on your rigth opposite to the Kunden Center entrance is a large (free) parking on where it is advised to park up . This is a public parkingarea that can be used to everyone who needs to be in or arround the factory.
I guess once the first Cali is parked up it would quickly turn in to a line-up with Cali's from the forum.

Entering the factory itself at the time given we do in group and needs to pass security .
So we will take the time to meet and greet eachother in front of the Kunden Center (outside) there is a childerens playfield with a large red/white T1 playtoy witch you can't look next to , that will be the place to gather 30min. before your tour starts so the organisers can do a namecheck/headcount
There's a 10min walk to do from there passing security and to the actual factory entrance so we need to use a time limit to be in time meeting the guide .
Once the group is passed the security there's no possibility to join anymore , so everyone please be at least 30min before your visit starts outside at the Kunde Center .
View attachment 20510

The factory visit itself takes about a 3km walk according to where the guides take us , they just walk us thru the working factory using there own instinct . Please wear comfortable shoes (lady's best no high heels , some stairs will need to be walkt also)
We can hang our coats away when entering the factory .
Childeren attending must be kept aside theire parent(s) and carefully looked afther .
It is a working factory with verhicles driving arround . We stay in the group at all time.

There will be asked to put a headset on to listen to the guides comment .
German or Englisch spoken depending on the guide , unfortunate we can not garentee each group will have a Englisch spoken guide , we will try our best to do so.

Note that the Kunde Center is open for public and worth while to go inside as there's a small theme exibition , a VW shop , restaurant,coffeebar ,toilets,....
The Kunde Center is actually the place where you need to call in when choosing to do the personal verhicle pick-up of your brand new VW made in Hannover.

The California assembling plant is in a diffrent location on the other side of Hannover:

Brinkmanhallen
Sudfeldstrasse 17
30453 Hannover (Limmer)

Beware....!!!
This is located in the Umweltzone (emissionzone) and reqiures a toll-tag to get there by car.
Those not having this before arriving in Germany (you can order online and send to your homeadres) can buy those in Germany at specific gasstations and sevicepoints , please do your research up front so your are stressfree . It only coast a few €.
https://www.umwelt-plakette.de/de/home.html

There is no private parking so you need to park up at roadside , this can get stricky as this is in a industrial zone and lots of parkingspots are taken by workers.

Meetingpoint outside on the street in front of the entrance gate .
View attachment 20511

We go in as a group .
May we ask also to be here in time at least 15min before your visit starts! So we can do a namecheck/headcount.
The Brinkmanhallen is a factory and factory only no public place so nothing else to do there. Please meet in front of the gate do not enter the site by your own.
The Cali Assembling visit takes less walking , it is more a small warehouse rather than a factory
A headset will need to be used to hear the guides comment
You need to stay with the group at all time.

Also note that as well in Hannover factory as in Limmer California plant it is stricktly forbidden to take pictures or to film due to privacy of the workers.

Afther the Hannover factory visit / Limmer Cali assembling plant is completed you are free to do whatever you feel like but remember to be in time for the next part of your tour at the given time/place.
There will be gatherd before and afther the tour so those wishing to drive in group to the next destination can make a group .

We would love to see you alle there ,
hope you all have a safe trip heading in and enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime experience seeing the VW California build from scratch with your own eyes....

The team of organisers.

Wim / Hotel California
Richard / Rich20
Sapto / Sapto
Swissian
Martin

Well done Wim. Pretty much everything we need.

Can someone please clarify that the 'Stocken' tour is at the 'Kunden' plant and that the 'Limmern' tour is at the 'Limmer' address ?

Thanks

Can someone please clarify that the 'Stocken' tour is at the 'Kunden' plant and that the 'Limmern' tour is at the 'Limmer' address ?

Thanks
The T6 factory is in Stocken(Hannover)
The Cali assembeling factory is in Limmer (Hannover)
Important is the post-code!
Was it not clear in the above ?
Please let me know i i need to change things to make it more clear

Depending on search term and website some say Limmer or / and Hannover
Some say Stocken or / and Hannover

There is also the issue of the German U with two points above (sUdfeld...and the ...strasse / straBe diffrence in writing .do not even know how to get typed on my Ipad

As i said earlier , my suggestion is you try and put the adresses in your satnav before leaving home and doublecheck .
So you won't get any supprises at arrival

Last edited:

Thanks HC.

Just clarifying as we will be using a TAXI from central Hannover.

U with dots (ü) is also written ue so Südfeld would be Suedfeld. As far as I know Straße can be written as Strasse.

You can add a German keyboard in Settings on an iPad if you want to type the German accents and characters

@all using Birkensee campsite .
If you mention on arrival you are with the group from England visiting the Hannover VW factory .
I asked for a field where we can stand next to eachother , so do please tell them you are joining the group ....
Don't know who will be the first arriving so do speak out to them please!

Just wishing everyone a great time who are going on the factory tour next week.

The organisation that has gone into this has been massive and started back in July last year, since then there has been hundreds of commications with each of the organisers, we now have all the tours in place with club members attending from all over Europe.

Big thank you to the following:

@Rich20
@hotel california
@sapto
@Swissian

Anyone going on the tour, make sure you buy these guys a beer or two ( wine for Wim ) :cheers

No need to buy us beers ....only show up and have a smile on your face .
We are glad we can do this for all of you!

Ps. Beer will not please me indeed...

Another rather important thing has come up:

Parking at the Cali plant in Limmer .
As i mentiont the Cali plant has no parking area for visitors and i suggested to park on the street.

We got confirmation today we can use a parking away from the street at a 5min walk
Just arround the corner from the Cali plant VW have a oldtimer museum witch has a parking we are allowed to use.
The museum itself i do not know if you can visit when we are there.
I myself been in there last november , read it here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/hannover-t6-factory-visit-and-california-factory-visit.16332/

It is just a hangar with all sorts VW's but mainly vans and campervans all models up till now.

They suggested to park there as it seems there are roadworks going on in the area from the Cali plant and parking is limited.

So @everyone , drive up to this adres:
Lagerstrasse 2
30453 Hannover - Limmer
IMG_0926.jpg
Using sat nav , you will most likely drive by the Cali plant (on your right hand side ) and 100m later the 1st street on your left , then 100m later on you left is the entrance to the parking.
Park up and walk back.

It looks like this
IMG_4285.JPG

Last edited:
Are you staying in a hotel in Hanover @BerndRos ? We are booked into the Dormero for two nights.
Yes... heading up from Devon later to Silverstone for the weekend. Then we are flying Monday night to Hannover from Birmingham. Staying in the centre at hotel called Loccumer Hof....

No need to buy us beers ....only show up and have a smile on your face .
We are glad we can do this for all of you!

Ps. Beer will not please me indeed...
Glad to have been involved in helping with this. Hope everyone has a great time.

Important is the post-code!

There is also the issue of the German U with two points above (sUdfeld...and the ...strasse / straBe diffrence in writing .do not even know how to get typed on my Ipad

As i said earlier , my suggestion is you try and put the adresses in your satnav before leaving home and doublecheck .
So you won't get any supprises at arrival

Regarding the german ü (u with "umlaut") its normally found under other variation letters on gadgets. On an iPad press and hold the letter u, and after a second variations menu will show.

The letter ß is used as a short for ss. I.e Strasse (street) can be written as Straße. Either are correct.

@Kmann , thanks for the German lessons:D
I personal would like to learn German language , but they say the writing is very difficult , as we noticed just above with those special caracters...
I can speak and understand some basic German but love to know better.

Hope you enjoy Brussels , my favorit spot is the flea market at Vossenplein (you should have gone for Antwerp do , much nicer)
See you in Hannover i guess

Last edited:
I would like to remind myself of the visit times but, alas, I can't remember how to do that! Can I be poked in the right direction please. Thanks.

Limmer (Cali plant) at 9.00am and Stocken (T6 plant) at 1.00 pm same tours as me. See you soon

Is that the same for everyone going on Tuesday?

Back