Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Factory Tour Hannover - [Archived]

So terrible, are you not able to drive to the factory still? Hopefully one of the other members will be on here soon to offer help, we are 300km away.

@GillianC
Realy sad news , hope you can arrange something to proceed your trip .
Do report at the police , your insurance might need this report.

These where parked up yesterday at the evening....
IMG_5499.JPG

The weatherforecast in the Hannover region....

IMG_5501.JPG

No we didn't call the police but actually I think in the morning that we will tell the manager that we want it reported as vandalism.
As I lie here in bed there is a large group of late teen male hockey players singing and shouting under our window. I have asked the reception for them to be quiet but nothing has been done. Shocking. I have to say that was my first trip taking the camper outside the uk and at the moment it looks very much like being my last.
If the crack isn't on the drivers side you should be able to drive.
We had a massive crack once and Autoglass advised us we were ok to drive. We were starting a 300 mile trip to a funeral we didn't want to miss.
At least it would get you away from the yobs.

@GillianC
Realy sad news , hope you can arrange something to proceed your trip .
Do report at the police , your insurance might need this report.

Have mentioned this in the conversation but earliest windscreen will be fixed is Wednesday so no chance of getting there.
Devastated and terrible waste of time, money and worst of all missing the opportunity to meet you good people and go round the factory.
How I would love to get my hands on whoever did this.
@hotel california would you mind removing the three of us from the list please?
Meanwhile any ideas on what to do from Eindhoven by public transport?

If the crack isn't on the drivers side you should be able to drive.
We had a massive crack once and Autoglass advised us we were ok to drive. We were starting a 300 mile trip to a funeral we didn't want to miss.
At least it would get you away from the yobs.

It is really smashed all over and gives when you touch it. Can't drive it.

Fortunately the hockey matches finish today so they will be leaving us.

It is really smashed all over and gives when you touch it. Can't drive it.

Fortunately the hockey matches finish today so they will be leaving us.
That's just appalling. Can Autoglass get you fixed and out of there?
Maybe someone on the tour is coming past and could pick you up?

Gillian, we had Autoglass come out to us on Boxing day once, you need to call the glass company and VW assistance and pressure them that is is urgent. You have travelled so far and is sad you would all miss the meet. Also don't forget VW Assistance will supply a hire car until the damage is repaired.

I just read chat from Gilian's Windscreen Disaster. I'm really sorry. Why do people make so stupid things?

+ Martin: Sorry, but due to really less time the last weeks I read now your request from March 10, 2017 to tell a bit about ne/us.

Hello, we - Jochen Hammermeister and Birgit Emmrich - are from Germany (North Rhine Westphalia, District Recklinghausen nearby Dortmund ) and has been since 2012 owner of a black California Comfortline. We like VW California (we know that british people have really more enthusiasm than other people) and we hope that we learn a lot about these cars.

Many thanks to the organisators of the visit event. We know it needs a lot of efforts to manage this all.

By the way: we reserved a place at Camping Birkensee for today (April 17, 2017, evening) and hope that we will find a space nearby the british Cali-fans.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

I just read chat from Gilian's Windscreen Disaster. I'm really sorry. Why do people make so stupid things?

+ Martin: Sorry, but due to really less time the last weeks I read now your request from March 10, 2017 to tell a bit about ne/us.

Hello, we - Jochen Hammermeister and Birgit Emmrich - are from Germany (North Rhine Westphalia, District Recklinghausen nearby Dortmund ) and has been since 2012 owner of a black California Comfortline. We like VW California (we know that british people have really more enthusiasm than other people) and we hope that we learn a lot about these cars.

Many thanks to the organisators of the visit event. We know it needs a lot of efforts to manage this all.

By the way: we reserved a place at Camping Birkensee for today (April 17, 2017, evening) and hope that we will find a space nearby the british Cali-fans.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G903F mit Tapatalk

Hello everyone. Absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting the windscreen fixed until Wednesday and we need to be around to organise them getting in to the van etc
On a positive note have had a good and unexpected day in Amsterdam.
Hope that you all have a great day tomorrow.
Shame we can't be with you but such is life.
It seriously worries me that the youth of today are deliberately vandalising British cars.
What the future holds I don't know. We spent a hour at the police station in Eindhoven today. It didn't achieve anything but we needed to log it for insurance purposes.
Enjoy your visits guys and hope to meet you soon. Probably in the U.K though ☹️

I presume Gillian it's your insurance company sorting this out and not VW assist.?

Mike

I presume Gillian it's your insurance company sorting this out and not VW assist.?

Mike

Yes our insurance company Mike.
Don't think we are in VW assist. The van is just over 3 years old. Even if it was I don't it would change anything. The NL equivalent of auto glass, Car Glass don't have anything available.
Hopefully will have some timescales tomorrow but too late for the factory tour ☹️

Looking good on the Cali-field....
I counted over 20 Cali's from 7 diffrent countries...exiting day tomorrow!
IMG_5504.JPG
Are present at the time , members from:
Uk
Belguim
Holland
Sweden
Denmark
Swiss
Germany

Well...just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....the GB magnetic sticker has now been stolen from the end of the van. I was verbally abused by an elderly couple on the train back from Amsterdam. ' madam in our country silent means silent. You voted for Brexit and that is your choice' All I was doing was speaking very quietly to my husband. I thought the silent carriages were like our quiet ones...apparently not but no need at all to be so rude. Another guy was talking on his phone but they ignored him.
I want to go home ASAP and never come back here. I never thought that I would say this but actually I am glad we have voted for Brexit,
My precious camper has been vandalised and I have been verbally abused. Very clearly we from the UK are not welcome in this country and that is fine by me. I never want to return.

Last edited:
Well...just when I thought it couldn't get any worse....the GB magnetic sticker has now been stolen from the end of the van. I was verbally abused by an elderly couple on the train back from Amsterdam. ' madam in our country silent means silent. You voted for Brexit and that is your choice' All I was doing was speaking very quietly to my husband. I thought the silent carriages were like our quiet ones...apparently not but no need at all to be so rude. Another guy was talking on his phone but they ignored him.
I want to go home ASAP and never come back here. I never thought that I would say this but actually I am glad we have voted for Brexit,
My precious camper has been vandalised and I have been verbally abused. Very clearly we from the UK are not welcome in this country and that is fine by me. I never want to return.

Wow what a crappy few days you've had, I feel for you. I hope you get it all sorted soon.

We have a few German friends who I've not seen since THE vote, I'd love to hear their verdict. We'll be seeing them sometime in October/November.

..message ends..

Yes our insurance company Mike.
Don't think we are in VW assist. The van is just over 3 years old. Even if it was I don't it would change anything. The NL equivalent of auto glass, Car Glass don't have anything available.
Hopefully will have some timescales tomorrow but too late for the factory tour ☹️
Thanks Gillian. Good luck with your repair.

Mike

That's not good news at all... How many bad luck you and your family are having right now :-(

Please don't 'look' at everybody as bad Hollanders. Not everyone is taking it as far as that. We (belgium guys) had a great evening with Britisch people (yeah yeah also Scottish peoples) and I come a lot in the UK for business (and Camperjam and Budget) , I will never 'attack' anyone our anything on political ideas. During a meeting or on a campingsite I will never not talk to the guy next to me because he's got a Britisch license plate. I even will offer him a good Belgian beer...

Not everybody is carrying hate!

Even do It feel pity for you and thé situation, and I wish I could do anything for you, I hope that when it's al a bit forgotton you can take a visit once again with good memories and with happy moments!

Very very much courage and hope it turns up Well with thé van and the ride back home!

To me this forum is all about people from all over the world showing kindness to each other. We even have people from NZ chiming in. Bad people can be find everywhere and its rarely country specific.
I hope you all have a good time inspecting the VW factory.

First part of the tour
T6 factory ar Stocken.
IMG_5507.JPG
They were so kind to drive us in by shutlle
IMG_5509.JPG
Sneeky took a picture inside
IMG_5512.JPG
Now lunch in the cali and of we go to Limmer

First part of the tour
T6 factory ar Stocken.
View attachment 20741
They were so kind to drive us in by shutlle
View attachment 20742
Sneeky took a picture inside
View attachment 20743
Now lunch in the cali and of we go to Limmer
Ask them to get a move on with my van whilst you are there would you. Two weeks ago I was told by VWUK that it was built. Today I was told its at Production Point 7. Almost complete. Oryx white 204 Dsg ocean with black cascavels. Tell them to pull their finger out. Its 2 months late already.

IMG_5516.JPG Finished the Limmer Cali assembling factory .
All worked out well today .
We got to see a preview on a update to the kitchenunit.
The glas top comes in TWO parts from within' s few weeks production .
The hinges on the glad top have changed.
The gas struds are not there anymore.
IMG_5519.JPG
Also light in the wardrobe behind the sliding doors , a switch is put in the right hand side next to the 220v socket.

And they are putting in a larger mirror in the big wardrobe door with sort of a shelf underneeth.

I try and post pictures but internet is slow.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say a big thank you to all those involved in the factory visits.

Met some new people and made some friends...

And the hydraulic presses... wow.... the earth moved :)

Looks great!
Am very envious and so so sad that despite our best efforts we were unable to join you ☹️

Back