Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Factory Tour Hannover - [Archived]

Am I pleased to see this guy...he is my hero!
New windscreen will take two hours then Bruges here we come

View attachment 20776
Hi GillianC
Glad everything turned out ok for you, but must have very traumatic.
Can I just ask how easy it was replacing your windscreen that's if you watched it being done, we have just got a huge stone chip in ours and hoping it can be repaired but think it might be a bit big so a replacement will be the only answer. Was thinking of contacting autoglass would you recommend??
Thanks

Hi GillianC
Glad everything turned out ok for you, but must have very traumatic.
Can I just ask how easy it was replacing your windscreen that's if you watched it being done, we have just got a huge stone chip in ours and hoping it can be repaired but think it might be a bit big so a replacement will be the only answer. Was thinking of contacting autoglass would you recommend??
Thanks

The guy who fit ours was excellent. He was from the Netherlands division of Autoglass and it was fascinating to watch. He comes equipped with a crane to lift the windscreen in but my boys helped him so he didn't have to use it. Took about an hour to get the old one out and the new one in, then they put tape on the window and you have to leave it a minimum of 30 minutes to 'cure' the adhesive. No mess and no damage. Excellent job. Think it cost 460 euros but we just have to pay the £50 excess on the insurance.
Yes the whole experience was very upsetting. However, feeling better about it now and just looking forward to my next night away.

If using Autoglass in UK make sure that they fit a genuine VW Cali part as the central drivers mirror position is very specific due to the fold down flaps for the windscreen blinds.

I was just offering some advice to a previous poster based on personal experience. I'm sorry if it was off topic.

Totally agree. The issue of broken windscreens got included because of my experience on the way to the Hanover factory visit. I think it is very helpful of @zerofour to give this advice.

Back