Status
Not open for further replies.
Heiney

Heiney

Now upgraded to Heiney 2.0!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
IMG_7186.JPG VW California Floor Rail Load Anchor / Lashing X2

We have two of these that we no longer need. In fact, we bought them and didn't even use them (were intended for the dogs who now prefer to sit on the bench and are plugged into the seatbelt instead!).

£35 each new. Will take £50 for the pair including postage to mainland U.K.

IMG_7185.PNG

Hi Heiney, I'm interested, let me know how to proced please.

That's what I've received... I hope we can tell why. Plus this thread was removed.

IMG_20170613_181832.jpg

Hello,
I removed the thread because I couldn't work out how to mark the item as sold and was getting other enquiries.
As I mentioned in our private messages relating to this; in the envelope I put two complete lashing sets a per my original photos above. Two plates, two bolts and two eyes and I am confused about how one of the eyes and one of the bolts have disappeared and a bag full of random bolts ended up in the package when you have said that the package did not look tampered with.
I have been in touch with Hermes and as I’ve already mentioned in our private messages, I will let you know as soon as they get back to me, but I can’t really do anything more until they do. I will chase them again today and will PM you.

I've sent you a PM. I had to chase Hermes again today as they had not returned my original queries.

As the package has been signed for then there is nothing more that the courier can do. They delivered the package from me to you, and it was accepted at your end. Any damage should have been checked by the recipient and would have been noted by the courier at the time of delivery.

Have you checked with the staff at the hotel that no one there had tampered with the package? Do you have a photo of the packaging from when you opened it? I am keen to see if its the same package that I sent, or whether its been re-packaged somewhere along its journey. I cannot see what use anyone would have with half of a kit, as both base plates arrived with you, the remaining parts are useless without them....

Hi Heiney,

The package I've received was a brown envelope and it had no signs of damages. I'm now in my way to Folkstone and have not it with me, but I'll put here a picture of it as soon as I get back to Spain on Friday.

Regarding the hotel stuff they are 200% trustable to me, mainly because it's a small familiar hotel in which me and my coworkers have been staying for near a year every week, and will stay for probably one more year, and I don't think they would put that in risk for 30? stupid pounds. Aside of that, I've received parcels here and never ever had a problem.

I don't know what happened and I already considere the money lost and myself scammed (don't know who did), but I've learned the lesson and will never trade here in this forum. Fortunately the lesson was not pretty expensive.

Well, I just don't know what to say to that. I cannot see how you believe that you have been 'scammed' - what use anyone would have with half of a kit? As both base plates arrived with you, the remaining parts are useless without them.... The items were packaged up and sent to you in good faith and your representative at the hotel signed for them to say that the package had safely arrived. I have spent literally hours on the phone to Hermes customer service trying to get to the bottom of this, all whilst airing it out on the forum because you refuse to talk via the private message service.
I think that this forum is a really lovely place for like minded people to buy and sell things which will enhance everyone's California experiences. Its just a shame that in this instance, when things go wrong (and they occasionally do, through no ones fault!), the benefit of the doubt has not been given and a fair (and discreet) way of fixing the problem together has been denied.

I don't know what happened and I already considere the money lost and myself scammed (don't know who did), but I've learned the lesson and will never trade here in this forum. Fortunately the lesson was not pretty expensive.

As a Forum member who has sold a few items on this Forum, I object to your statement implying that All Forum members who sell goods are Scammers.
That is implied by your decision not to buy from Forum Members in future.

In fact we have no proof, other than your word, that you aren't Scamming the Seller into giving you a refund for missing goods, and don't pretend that isn't a possibility. Pretty common on eBay apparently.

I appreciate English may not be your first language but you need to be very careful what you say/imply in your statements. Why you are not capable of communicating with the Seller by Private Messaging or email regarding this matter I just do not know.

I suggest contacting the Seller by PM or email and sorting this out privately.

I have purchased quite a few items on here and had no problems, the seller you purchased from is a VIP so I assume admin will hold their details so I can't see them wanting to scam you. If they were a scammer they would of used eBay.

I hope you both sort it out between yourselves. Peace & Love guys

Option 1) I'm liying. I guess I could do to get the items for free inventing all this thing. I cannot blame who think that's the most likely option.

Option 2) The hotel stall replaced "half a item" by an Ikea bag with screws.... That's feasible, but bearingn in mind all my coworkers and me staying in that small hotel for near a year knows the family who runs it, I don't believe that happened. But cannot blame who thinks that's the correct option.

Option 3) Hermes, the curier, replaced "half an item" by an Ikea plastic bag with screws and are pretending they have nothing to do with that. That's also a feasible option.

Option 4) The seller sent in the parcel what you see in the picture and pretends something happened after the items were sent. That option is also feasible ans cannot also blame who think that's the correct (NOTE: I've never said that happened because I don't know/understand what actually happened).

Aside of that l, as a member I think I should aware that can happen here (as any other place).

I've contacted the seller by PM and he/she replied me saying will contact the courier to try to clarify, and after a week with no news I've decided to share my expwrience.

My intention is not so insult other members and never said all people here are scamers. I've been scammed here and I'm sharing it. Maybe I'm frustrated enought ro say I'll never trade here.

I say I've been scammed because part of the items were replaced by an Ikea bag with screws, so I see intention here. If the bag were broken (it wasn't) and some pieces were missing I could think it was an accident, but it was not an accident.

Scamming implies a deliberate action by the seller from the outset, so unlikely and a bit harsh.

I think 3. the package fell apart in the depot/van and agent just scooped up what was nearby and resealed the package.

Seller needs to pack better in future...

Unlucky, lessons learned. Move on, no one died...

Scamming implies a deliberate action by the seller from the outset, so unlikely and a bit harsh.

I think 3. the package fell apart in the depot/van and agent just scooped up what was nearby and resealed the package.

Seller needs to pack better in future...

Unlucky, lessons learned. Move on, no one died...
And how you explain the items were replaced by an Ikea bag of screws? by accident?

"I've contacted the seller by PM and he/she replied me saying will contact the courier to try to clarify, and after a week with no news I've decided to share my experience."
As I am sure that the moderators have the ability to concur; On 13th June, I sent you a PM requesting further information and saying that I would get in touch with Hermes. On the 15th June, with no response from Hermes, and no further message from you, I was shocked to see that you had posted it on the board 'to share your experience'!

Of the options presented, it could be any of them, but as Loz says above, it's most probably number 3, which is why I was keen to see photos of the envelope to see if it were damaged, or even the same one as I had posted. This would have at least enabled me to push Hermes a bit more and try to make a claim on your behalf, but ultimately the package was delivered, signed for and accepted in the condition which it arrived.

I am not going to argue this out any further in public - that's not what this board is for. Everyone will have their own thoughts and opinions, and as I have said before, its just a shame that this has now had to turn into a public 'he said, she said' match when this could have all been sorted out amicably and in private.

Status
Not open for further replies.