gurik

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Please can use these kitchen drawers SKU: 5060641650496 £320.00 £279.99 Inc VAT
VW California T6 Easy Fit Drawer Kit
in my new Cali T6.1
Thank you.

Yes i would say it will fit as the kitchen unit looks the same apart from the doors

As this topic is current, why does the T5 have a different set of drawers to the T6. We seem to loose a drawer and get charged a penny more!
I'm guessing there is logic (sink drain?)...

its because the door catch is in a different place.
can't comment on the price

As stated by Calikev, the door catches on the T5.1 (and presumably the T5) are in a different position than the on the T6 doors. I was probably one of the first customers of the club shop to notice this and was offered a full refund, but the catch only just fouls the drawer and I’m contemplating filing down the catch to clear the drawer, but still ‘catching’ when closed. I haven’t summoned up the courage to do this yet. If all else I’ll have a spare drawer!7284C6AC-71CC-47CE-B21C-FD800F2F9768.jpeg

As stated by Calikev, the door catches on the T5.1 (and presumably the T5) are in a different position than the on the T6 doors. I was probably one of the first customers of the club shop to notice this and was offered a full refund, but the catch only just fouls the drawer and I’m contemplating filing down the catch to clear the drawer, but still ‘catching’ when closed. I haven’t summoned up the courage to do this yet. If all else I’ll have a spare drawer!View attachment 54657
Did you cut off the tab to make it work?
Its been on my mind for weeks, a groove in the drawer 6 inches in would
do it wouldn't it.

As you can see from this morning’s photo, I haven’t yet had the courage to start sawing/filing bits off yet. On the first photo you can see just how little the drawer fouls the catch if you open the door to the left as much as possible and easy the drawer to the right...barely millimetre.

In the second photo it’s still hardly fouling the drawer without ‘easing’ the door and the drawer.

Cutting the drawer looks to be a much trickier job and much harder to get a good finish.

A91CC00F-7CA9-424F-9513-77FAECA06E50.jpeg

AEF00C7C-6BA6-424C-B02A-94AC0BB0C6EF.jpeg

As you can see from this morning’s photo, I haven’t yet had the courage to start sawing/filing bits off yet. On the first photo you can see just how little the drawer fouls the catch if you open the door to the left as much as possible and easy the drawer to the right...barely millimetre.

In the second photo it’s still hardly fouling the drawer without ‘easing’ the door and the drawer.

Cutting the drawer looks to be a much trickier job and much harder to get a good finish.

View attachment 55935

View attachment 55936
Can you get the sliding door to move a bit more out to the left?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No. As I only had one pair of hands available I lightly jammed a packet of tissues between the drawer and the door to get the photo. That’s about as far to the left that it would go on my door, and the drawer, as far to the right. There’s still plenty of ‘catch’ there with a little light filing.

OK, so today I decided to ‘have at’ the door catch obstructing the top drawer. I chose a good medium file and just carefully removed the unwanted material until I could pull out the drawer without hitting the catch. The catch remains perfectly good and closes as it should (has anyone, anywhere ever produced such a cheap and simple catch...still it does the job I guess?).

As I hope you can see from the picture, I managed to smooth the edge of the catch to a reasonable ‘half round’ shape. However, you do need to firmly move the door to the left...I noticed that if you just opened the door, there was still a millimetre or two to be had by just moving it a little more.

As an alternative method you could unscrew the front (silver) plate on the drawer and cut a recess to allow the catch to clear the plate, as once past the plate the drawer has the slider recess which clears the catch...hope the photo clarifies this point. I don’t have the confidence to try this!

View attachment 56898A877384F-9865-48A2-BF83-931B52A67D96.jpegA877384F-9865-48A2-BF83-931B52A67D96.jpeg