Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Car Net

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
The tec chap at my dealership kindly connected me to Car Net, how do use it and what is it best for, I’m still playing with it but would value your input.

Been asking the dealer for the gizmo to plug in for over 12 months. Still no joy so can’t use it!

Been asking the dealer for the gizmo to plug in for over 12 months. Still no joy so can’t use it!

you do not need the plug in gizmo for car net just a wifi connection. To be honest I do not find any advantages to using car net.

So far found it good for live traffic.

Go into a vw car dealer, not commercial and ask for a data plug, simply give them you reg and they will hand one over freeeeeee
The commercial dealers do not carry them in stock very often and don’t seem to know about them
Getting the vw apps to connect to the van is another story !

Car Net is via a hotspot normally from your phone which I believe connects to VW Car Net which you find on your radio headset I understand not many people discover it you will find it in your radios menu, then you need to set up an account and log on via a computer once done, then from the radio headset log on to Car Net and follow the instructions.

Hope thats clear

The tec chap at my dealership kindly connected me to Car Net, how do use it and what is it best for, I’m still playing with it but would value your input.
It certainly made transferring POI’s like Campsites, wild Camping spots a doddle. - lists downloaded from various websites with such downloadable lists.
The process covered in. Previous useful post by another member

It certainly made transferring POI’s like Campsites, wild Camping spots a doddle. - lists downloaded from various websites with such downloadable lists.
The process covered in. Previous useful post by another member
Hi Bill are you able to point me in the right direction to use it at its best when on a on a campsite. i am not understanding its full capabilities.

Thanks

Hi Bill are you able to point me in the right direction to use it at its best when on a on a campsite. i am not understanding its full capabilities.

Thanks
I’m afraid I don’t know a great deal. I’ve only used it to transfer POI lists to my Satnav from Searchforsites.co.uk and Wildcamping.co.uk which means you have the required icons on your Satnav map. It’s just another way of doing it as you could also copy them across via SD card so CarNet isn’t essential for this to be honest