Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW / Ford Alliance

Now it won’t be just the roofs that corrode...
With ford involved the whole van will be pourous

All about the rush to catch up on the electric power changeover and the costs involved. Chinese are way in front with developing mass battery production and electric vehicles.
VW & Ford (as are other manufacturers) are heading for major problems due to the Chinese shrinking import requirements.

Hopefully reliability will be improved with a collaboration with Ford.

I'm on my 4th VAG vehicle in the last 5 years. (having done in excess of 100k miles between them) My VW Transporter was horrendously unreliable, and all 3 of my Skoda Superbs (all TDI 150s) have either broken down or had to go back for warranty work. We've decided now that we'll never get another VAG vehicle.

My old man has had 4 Fords from brand new in the past 10 years - Focus 1.8TDCI, Focus C-Max 1.6 TDCI, 2x Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI. He has done over 180k between them. The only warranty repair needed was the bonnet lock on the first Focus.

I very much doubt Volkswagen would collaborate with Ford for its best seller.
I imagine it’s the bigger (crafter) or perhaps compact (caddy) which the partnership will form to help reduce costs

Reliability...hmmmm! We’ve had VW buses for over forty years; split screens, bay windows, a T4 California and our current T5 California. We’ve loved them all and the splits and bays we’ve pretty much fixed ourselves...we were younger then!

Its been quite an eye opener having the T4/5. VW and our VW Independent people have been great, but we have had to spend a fair amount on getting things fixed on both of them.

Our daily driver 2012 Honda Jazz (with only 36000 miles on the clock, granted) has needed NOTHING!

If Ford and VW collaborate on a bus, a nice late T6 will be the last VW I’ll ever buy.

Not sure Ford quality is bad (I've done nearly 100k miles in my S-Max with minimal maintenance) but the transit is going to need to be better looking before I want to sleep in one :)

There is something pleasing about the look of the transporter that the transit doesn't share.

I’ve always been a fan of the 5/6 styling especially when fitted with a nice set of Carlos Fandango’s but I must say (through gritted teeth) that I really do like the styling of the latest Tranny.

I have found myself thinking if it was given the Cali treatment it would be a nice bit of kit.

That said I hate Ford. They are just plain nasty.

I’ve always been a fan of the 5/6 styling especially when fitted with a nice set of Carlos Fandango’s but I must say (through gritted teeth) that I really do like the styling of the latest Tranny.

I have found myself thinking if it was given the Cali treatment it would be a nice bit of kit.

That said I hate Ford. They are just plain nasty.

I imagine it’s the bigger (crafter) or perhaps compact (caddy) which the partnership will form to help reduce costs
That is more or less what they announce: Ford will focus on the bigger vans (Crafter like) and VW on the smaller, city delivery vans (Transporter, Caddy like).

Ford and VW have collaborated before, the VW Sharon and the Ford Tracey .. er I mean Galaxy. :D

Back