Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW gesture of goodwill

J

JamesTT

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
I’ve just been offered £500 plus VAT towards any Volkswagen Approved accessories or a £540 Service Plan by way of an apology for the addition delay to my order. Ordered on 12 February 2021, now in port awaiting shipment to UK.

What would you get?

I’ve just been offered £500 plus VAT towards any Volkswagen Approved accessories or a £540 Service Plan by way of an apology for the addition delay to my order. Ordered on 12 February 2021, now in port awaiting shipment to UK.

What would you get?
I went for wind deflectors for the cab windows, black rear bumper protector, body coloured rear spoiler and a second rear number plate fir the bike rack. Still haven’t got a final price for that lot, but he reckoned about 500 fitted.

Reactions: CWS
I went for wind deflectors for the cab windows, black rear bumper protector, body coloured rear spoiler and a second rear number plate fir the bike rack. Still haven’t got a final price for that lot, but he reckoned about 500 fitted.
Thanks, some good ideas. I think I will definitely get the wind deflectors and the bumper protector.

What would you get?
I would get the service plan.

Lowering springs?
Spare key?
Side bars?
Bike rack?

Thanks for all your replies. I think I will purchase the service plan anyway. If I got it with the offer I would still have £60 left to allocate elsewhere and have been struggling for ideas to use up the rest of the allowance (£500 plus Vat, £600), so I have decided on the bike rack at £595 inc. VAT

Thanks for all your replies. I think I will purchase the service plan anyway. If I got it with the offer I would still have £60 left to allocate elsewhere and have been struggling for ideas to use up the rest of the allowance (£500 plus Vat, £600), so I have decided on the bike rack at £595 inc. VAT
I made the same decision. Bit steep for two services but better than using the voucher for a load of stuff I don‘t need.

Last edited:
is only 1 most important you can buying - extend factory warranty.
Reading here and you will seeing many troubles.
Factory warranty most comfortable extra you new California!

I resisted wind deflectors for 2 years, worried they would spoil the look or be noisy when driving - but they are brilliant. We often 'stealth camp' with the roof down, and don't put it up in the depths of winter or in strong wind, and now we have overnight ventilation without worrying about not waking-up to close the windows if it should start raining.

I resisted wind deflectors for 2 years, worried they would spoil the look or be noisy when driving - but they are brilliant. We often 'stealth camp' with the roof down, and don't put it up in the depths of winter or in strong wind, and now we have overnight ventilation without worrying about not waking-up to close the windows if it should start raining.
Yes that's primarily why I got them. I thought I'd ordered the VW stick on ones, but VW actually fitted the slimmer 'in-rail' ones which I have to say look great. BUT the drivers window 'bounced back' when I tried to close it with the dealer in the van...it then closed ok. I'm concerned that the thicker laminated cab glass with the sports pack isn't wholly compatible with this type of wind deflector.
I also wonder what the 'ventilate' function is for in the overhead display. Do you need to crack the window, or would that function do the job as well?

Back