Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Grand California 680

D

Demelza & Ross

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi, We have just taken delivery of a Grand California 680, only 10 months old!!! We did place an order for one but couldn’t wait until March. Loads to find out about it. We have come across one snag, there seems to be running water coming from underneath the van between the exhaust and the water tank. Wondering if it was because I pulled the shower attachement out too far - does anyone know why this has happened and what we can do about it.? Any help would be great. Thank you.

I suspect this is the Truma anti frost valve under the bench seat requiring reset. Press the small blue button and ensure it stays in and then ensure the blue handled valve above it is in the right position. Hopefully that will fix it. If not check the two valves under the floor in the electric cupboard. The previous owners have maybe drained down the system and forgot to close the two valves there.

I suspect this is the Truma anti frost valve under the bench seat requiring reset. Press the small blue button and ensure it stays in and then ensure the blue handled valve above it is in the right position. Hopefully that will fix it. If not check the two valves under the floor in the electric cupboard. The previous owners have maybe drained down the system and forgot to close the two valves there.
Thanks very much. We will check that. The thing is we haven’t put any water in but the van is parked on slope. We have now watched some videos by California Chris and he showed us about the valves. Thanks again.

Thanks very much. We will check that. The thing is we haven’t put any water in but the van is parked on slope. We have now watched some videos by California Chris and he showed us about the valves. Thanks again.
Bobcat is correct, also be aware that the water tank holds 20% in reserve check the wheel position on the right of the water tank.

The anti frost valve on the Truma boiler dumps at around 5%.

Out of interest is it two tone blue and white

With the further info re the slope. Check the grey water tank valve underneath the vehicle it's approx directly under the toilet cassette it would make sense of water running out on slope if still open. Also the fresh water tank valve which is under the bed panel. Check the black turn wheel valve is closed. Let me know how it' goes.

Bobcat is correct, also be aware that the water tank holds 20% in reserve check the wheel position on the right of the water tank.

The anti frost valve on the Truma boiler dumps at around 5%.

Out of interest is it two tone blue and white
Yes it is!

With the further info re the slope. Check the grey water tank valve underneath the vehicle it's approx directly under the toilet cassette it would make sense of water running out on slope if still open. Also the fresh water tank valve which is under the bed panel. Check the black turn wheel valve is closed. Let me know how it' goes.
Thanks - will check tomorrow in daylight but we have found the blue reset button for the combi was not flushed !

Thanks - will check tomorrow in daylight but we have found the blue reset button for the combi was not flushed !

Hi. Well that did the trick - we filled up the water and nothing ran out !! We ran it through and got rid of any air. Thanks for your help.

Hi. Well that did the trick - we filled up the water and nothing ran out !! We ran it through and got rid of any air. Thanks for your help.
This seems to happen a lot when taking delivery of GC's. It caused us great concern when we collected ours in July. I can only assume that this is missing from VW's pre-delivery checklist and from the course that the dealer staff attend for this vehicle.

I popped my button back in when checking over otherwise would have had the same issue. Owe a lot of thanks to California Chris’ videos on YouTube as I felt like I knew what to do without leaning on dealer, much better from a Covid perspective. My mains breakers were on the off position also so van wouldn’t charge initially, finally the crash sensor in the gas was also on the deactivated gas position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We live in Finland and we received our Grand California 680 two weeks ago. Here are a few pics.

Indium Grey 680, 3.88tons and 4 motion. Had the dealership install Lazer triple-R 750 high beams into the mask and a 600W Defa inverter for laptop charging. Only issue so far is the blinking toilet light.

20210108_191539.jpgGrand_Cali2.jpg

Hi Satuja, that look great in the snow. How do you find it drives in these condions?
Here in the UK the GC comes with alloy wheels and Summer tyres which are pretty poor even in the relatively minor snow we've had here recently in Scotland. If you don't mind me asking which tyres and size do they fit in Scandinavia. Does anyone happen to know the VW part number for the Standard steel wheels that the GC comes with in Europe. I'm considering buying a set for Winter.

Last edited:
Hi Satuja, that look great in the snow. How do you find it drives in these condions?
Here in the UK the GC comes with alloy wheels and Summer tyres which are pretty poor even in the relatively minor snow we've had here recently in Scotland. If you don't mind me asking which tyres and size do they fit in Scandinavia. Does anyone happen to know the VW number for the Standard steel wheels that the GC comes with in Europe. I'm considering buying a set for Winter.
Hi,

Can't say anything bad about the driving on ice and snow with the 4 motion and studded Continental Vancontact ICE tires 235/65/R16 (235/65R16C 121/119N (118R) VanContact Ice SD 10PR).

The steel wheels show as C1G on the Finnish extras list.

Many thanks I won't go as far as studded tyres for the limited snow we get here.

We live in Finland and we received our Grand California 680 two weeks ago. Here are a few pics.

Indium Grey 680, 3.88tons and 4 motion. Had the dealership install Lazer triple-R 750 high beams into the mask and a 600W Defa inverter for laptop charging. Only issue so far is the blinking toilet light.

View attachment 72483View attachment 72484
Great to see, ordered the same not 4mo. Expected March. Ordered with all season tires.
Interested in what is sticking out under your extending step?

Shadows/snow. Nothing there.
Ok, do you have the new updated satnav and did they change the antenna, or any other changes.

Thanks.

Ok, do you have the new updated satnav and did they change the antenna, or any other changes.

Thanks.
Not sure about the satnav, how can I tell if its the new one? Satnav was standard equipment in Finland but for some reason the factory could not provide the park assist with it.

Not sure about the satnav, how can I tell if its the new one? Satnav was standard equipment in Finland but for some reason the factory could not provide the park assist with it.
Hi new one is like the T6.1 old style has nobs at the bottom left and right new one in the middle and all touch screen ie no press buttons on each side. The antenna is it like the T6.1 ie square block like.

Hi new one is like the T6.1 old style has nobs at the bottom left and right new one in the middle and all touch screen ie no press buttons on each side. The antenna is it like the T6.1 ie square block like.
20210127_165423.jpg
Snowy antenna

20210127_165553.jpgRadio

Wow, looks fab. Ordered mine a few weeks ago. All the extras apart from Sat Nav and 4 wheel drive. Will head to the Alps next winter, so I will probably buy a set of steel wheels with winter tyres. Also the same colour grey. Interesting to hear about how it copes with the very cold temperatures. Any other pointsould also be appreciated. Hope your enjoyingezhhew

Your new home. Love Finland.

Wow, looks fab. Ordered mine a few weeks ago. All the extras apart from Sat Nav and 4 wheel drive. Will head to the Alps next winter, so I will probably buy a set of steel wheels with winter tyres. Also the same colour grey. Interesting to hear about how it copes with the very cold temperatures. Any other pointsould also be appreciated. Hope your enjoyingezhhew

Your new home. Love Finland.
Paddy the satnav is standard!

Back