Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Have lost my Cali!!!!!!!

R

Rich Corrado

As the title says, VW have lost my Cali.

I was sent an email about three weeks ago saying my Cali had been built and was in transit to the docks.

Then two weeks ago they sent me another email but this time they said it was waiting to be transported to the docks.

I contacted them and pointed out the fact that I had already been told it was built and in transport to the docks!

My dealer had originaly told me I would have my Cali at the beginning of March so I contacted them to find out what was going on now??

Now to my shock they said "we dont know where it is"...........

I pointed out that this was starting to get ridiculous and that I wanted to know when my cali was going to turn up.

I dont ming waiting a little bit and I appreciate there might be delays in shipping but I would like to be given a delivery date.

Well after a few calls and emails to the dealership, today I received a call from the dealer principle who told me that they cant find my California :censor

He cant explain whats happened and is now looking into the situation but he says it is very strange. :headbang :headbang

They have offered to lend me another one but it doesnt solve the situation.

Sorry to hear about your Cali. I hope it is found soon.
I would say form my own experience, we got ours in March three years ago this year. It took four weeks to travel from factory to docks to boat to uk.
It did sit a the docks for nearly two weeks during which time they weren't quite sure where it was and if it had already boarded the boat or not. I think that whilst it's at the docks it kind of goes off radar as it were and I think this is what may have happened to you. After nearly two weeks they couldn't be sure where mine was until it was loaded onto the boat. It turns out that the Baltic Sea area freezes over this time of year and can interrupt shipping at the northern ports. My dealer was very relaxed about it.
This has been my experience - I Am sure yours will turn up soon!

should have had a traker fitted

Sorry to hear they cant locate hope it turns up soon

calicasas said:
Sorry to hear about your Cali. I hope it is found soon.
I would say form my own experience, we got ours in March three years ago this year. It took four weeks to travel from factory to docks to boat to uk.
It did sit a the docks for nearly two weeks during which time they weren't quite sure where it was and if it had already boarded the boat or not. I think that whilst it's at the docks it kind of goes off radar as it were and I think this is what may have happened to you. After nearly two weeks they couldn't be sure where mine was until it was loaded onto the boat. It turns out that the Baltic Sea area freezes over this time of year and can interrupt shipping at the northern ports. My dealer was very relaxed about it.
This has been my experience - I Am sure yours will turn up soon!

This makes sense, but I fail believe that VW don't know where it is.

Before they are registered every car/van/Cali would be issued with a serial number/ bar code that gets scanned at every stage of its shipping.

I completely understand that there could be delays with the boat and weather but the problem is that they actually don't know where my cali is at all. It seems to have disappeared.

If it was just late or delayed you wouldn't have the sales manager, salesman and dealer principle envolved.

Fingers crossed it just turns up :crazy

Fantastic Audit Trail :headbang

It has been quite rough weather in the English channel this week

6a00d8341c630a53ef016760b0b8a3970b.jpg

It will turn up, it will turn up, it will turn up!

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts :D

The problem is that there are too many of them.

When I lived in Germany, I was always losing my Golf. Quite often find someone else's though.

HTH,
dan

ps. Sure it will turn up. The recent weather has probably caused pandemonium at the ports is all.

Well I have now been contacted by VW customer service.

Not that it has helped! They have issued me a customer case number and confirmed that they can't find it :headbang

It will be in poland stripped for parts :laugh2 :laugh2

Calikev said:
It will be in poland stripped for parts :laugh2 :laugh2
Kev. You're supposed to cheer the bloke up with words of comfort, not send him into a blue spin.

Sorry bob :doh your right :thumb I hope they find it soon

Lets hope they have some good news for me on Monday :crazy

Who needs enemies when you have friends like these! :crazy
I confess to laughing, but seriously, I really hope they find it soon

Rich Corrado said:
Lets hope they have some good news for me on Monday :crazy

Good news! I found the live tracking system for the ship that transports VWs across the North Sea.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38jDQkkaxT8[/youtube]

dan
ps. Seriously I do hope they find it soon.

Luckily I'm quite thick skinned as I have spent most the weekend being ridiculed by family and friends. (And you lot! :D )

Unfortunately for VW I have woken up to some rubbish work related emails so I have now decided to take my anger out on VW.

I WANT ANSWERS TODAY!

:bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance :bananadance

Guess what everyone, VW have found my California!

It's still at the docks, the same docks I was told about over 3 weeks ago!

Apparently I will have wait another 2/3 weeks before I get it but at least it's not stolen!

Good News

When you go to collect it tell them you have lost the money for in and it may take you a while to find it.

I have now been told the reason it was delayed was because they noticed it was missing a fly screen!
Apparently the vehicle is made in the same factory as any other T5 but then it gets transferred to another location called the “California-hall”.
Mine left the California Hall and was logged as “in transport to the docks” but when it arrived at the docks the realised it was missing a fly screen.
Rather than getting it retro fitted in the UK, VW decided to send it back to the main factory where it sat doing nothing for a few weeks and then it was sent back to the California Hall.
All of this sounds a bit ridiculous as it has added 3 weeks onto my delivery date and gave me sleepless nights wondering what had happened to my Cali.
Whether its true or not, I can’t comment but at least it’s on its way now.
VW are looking into some sort of compensation due to the inconvenience and lack of communication.

the fly screens are 2 single squares of mesh that fit to the opening rear windows and you fit yourself as and when they need them, ours our kept in the boot.( have not used them yet may do in Scotland this summer)

I would want to know more and some reasurance that it has not been damaged and gone back for a dent to be knocked out

Thats very interesting, Thank you Andy.

I can see me getting very angry soon! :censor

Rich
I hope I am not getting it wrong re the screens and you have not ordered something I am not aware of seems very strange what you have been told ref what your dealer has told you if they are trying to just give an excuse or covering something up it doesn't do anything to build trust

VW Germany excuses department needs to think up better one then that. :lol:

Back