Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW headlight protectors

Oldesmokie

Oldesmokie

Taking the slow road....loving the journey!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Bought these headlight protectors from the shop but having issues fitting them to my VW T6 headlights. They are H7 halogen lights.
I can't get the tab at the bottom to slide far enough in and I don't like the idea of forcing it. It's only a few months old..... :shocked
Has anyone fitted these to their headlights? Any advice would be appreciated thanks... I've called the shop and waiting on them calling me back....:(
20190322_114208.jpg
20190322_114218.jpg 20190322_114021.jpg 20190322_114028.jpg 20190322_114148.jpg 20190322_111806.jpg 20190322_111828.jpg 20190322_114155.jpg

I found gently easing it in works, apply pressure gently and evenly. It is a wedge fit that surprised me too.

Also - be careful to gently ease them out when you take them off too - as if you apply a twist in doing so they can crack.

Having said all that they are good if you are careful!

Hope that helps.

I was similarly concerned, but they have stayed on when in use for 4 years now so are firm enough if fitted carefully. I did think the metal clamp was a little loose on one side, so elongated the slot a by a millimeter using a round needle file. Didn't need any more than that.

Alan

Last edited:
Awesome thanks for the information folks I'll give it another go when I get some lubricant.:thumb

Lubrication is a good idea - I bought some second hand and cracked while doing a trial install - one went on fine but for the other you only find out you are pushing too hard when they crack....
They also don’t take kindly to rolling around the van....on top of a box in the back, go around a corner and suddenly many more broken bits....lubricate them well and fit them fast....

:thanks
Really appreciate the quick response to my problem today from you folks.
I called the shop they were busy and promised to call back but they never. No problem thanks to you.

Well that's £50 down the drain! Cracked the first one putting it on. The tab is much thicker than it needs to be. I'll stick to the Eurolights!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Well that's £50 down the drain! Cracked the first one putting it on. The tab is much thicker than it needs to be. I'll stick to the Eurolights!

Ah bugger sorry to hear that.

Did you try a bit of lubrication? I've abandoned trying to fit mine for now. Agree the tab seems far too thick. Was worried it would damage the paintwork under the light. :Nailbiting

Took the square corner off the tab with a dremel then used washing up liquid as lubricant. Had to push quite hard and as it suddenly gave it cracked. Ah well.

Good luck fitting yours!

They rely on there being a minimum gap between the light and the panel below- mine were very different between one side and the other, one went in fine and the other gap was smaller and it cracked.
Then after a couple of corners and things falling on them they are destroyed...
Seems they are made of plastic that is too brittle, but that may be necessary for the light transmission.

Same experience here. After first set broke. Back to dealer to adjust gap between light and panel. Kindly they provided another pair. Now have a second broken pair in the garage. Sticking to Eurolites.

After a lot of head scratching I initially became disheartened at my first attempts and was all for selling them on. But, after reading all the posts on here I must thank one and all for the sound advice. I found Loz’s idea of applying a little silicone spray beforehand to be the ‘magic ingredient’ along with the sliding in from the side tip They are very fragile though and being oh so careful, I still somehow managed to chip around 1/2” off the bottom lip?! Hardly noticeable though and ready for our trip to France at the end of next month

Bought these headlight protectors from the shop but having issues fitting them to my VW T6 headlights. They are H7 halogen lights.
I can't get the tab at the bottom to slide far enough in and I don't like the idea of forcing it. It's only a few months old..... :shocked
Has anyone fitted these to their headlights? Any advice would be appreciated thanks... I've called the shop and waiting on them calling me back....:(
View attachment 42522
View attachment 42523View attachment 42524View attachment 42525View attachment 42526View attachment 42527View attachment 42529View attachment 42528
Are these deflectors for europe or just for protection?

Are these deflectors for europe or just for protection?
If you put the supplied black cutouts on then suitable for Europe otherwise they can just be used as protectors.

We stuck our Euro stickers to the headlight protectors. We just pop them on when going on the ferry.
Figure its best to have the protectors on when travelling in case we have to deal with a broken light in a foreign country replacing a light might be difficult.
Our protectors fitted quite loosely. The little metal clip that hangs over the top we secure with electrical tape for added security.

They are tight I managed to break one, had to buy another set just for one.

Back