Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW hightop self build

A few new upgrades.
A visit to Bognor motors for a posh 280a lithium Fogstar drift bat, and webasto diesel heater (super job by Paul and Simon).
Also popped into justkampers for a fridge!
Early days but can’t believe I never got lithium in the joker, real game changer.View attachment 125903

Is that the underseat battery and did Bognor fit it for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple of nights at longbeech and matley wood, super cheap and quiet.IMG_7841.pngIMG_7843.png

Is that the underseat battery and did Bognor fit it for you?

I’m not sure if the 280a one fits under seat but they do one that does. If you look on Fogstar website think it’s 220a. I have mine in a different spot as only wanted one big bat. Also only run 12v stuff so is lasting ages.
Will get a solar panel but may wait until next year.

Yes Bognor supplied and fitted bat and heater super pleased.

I’m not sure if the 280a one fits under seat but they do one that does. If you look on Fogstar website think it’s 220a. I have mine in a different spot as only wanted one big bat. Also only run 12v stuff so is lasting ages.

Thanks, I might give them a call. I was looking at the Roamer 230a under seat version but the Fogstar is slightly smaller (but heavier) has built in heating and is £80 cheaper!

PS did you use the Chichester or Bognor branch?

Thanks, I might give them a call. I was looking at the Roamer 230a under seat version but the Fogstar is slightly smaller (but heavier) has built in heating and is £80 cheaper!

I looked at roamer stuff and it was so expensive. My 280a bat was around £700 and yep has a self heating element.
Only had it for a week and hasn’t dropped below 96% fridge on all the time, lots of driving though.

PS did you use the Chichester or Bognor branch?
I think it’s only Bognor branch that does it, Simon is supposed to be the go to guy but was away.
Paul sorted it all for me and was great, price seemed fair (not the cheapest but have a good rep on t6 forum). Place in Scotland couldn’t fit me in until autumn!! Bognor is around 2-3wks wait normally (so I was told).

My son is building a van for himself on an old ford transit chassis and rather than mess around building circuits, advised him to get an ecoflow. Everything is compact now and powered from the ecoflow which itself is charged from the engine. Neat solution to have a Jackery.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So on my 2nd adventure around the WAW this time south to north.
Hit the jackpot with the weather and amazing parkups. It’s not to busy.
Getting lots of hikes and even cycled round sheepshead trail, well carried bike the 2nd park (still great fun!). No shower in van yet so ocean dips have been way better (apart from dodging a jellyfish or two).
If you haven’t been to Ireland get it on your wish list!!!!
5G in most places (EE), a lot more 2.1m height barriers since 2019 trip. No issues in the hightop always some else to park.IMG_8767.pngIMG_8768.pngIMG_8769.png

So on my 2nd adventure around the WAW this time south to north.
Hit the jackpot with the weather and amazing parkups. It’s not to busy.
Getting lots of hikes and even cycled round sheepshead trail, well carried bike the 2nd park (still great fun!). No shower in van yet so ocean dips have been way better (apart from dodging a jellyfish or two).
If you haven’t been to Ireland get it on your wish list!!!!
5G in most places (EE), a lot more 2.1m height barriers since 2019 trip. No issues in the hightop always some else to park.View attachment 126193View attachment 126194View attachment 126195

All that white on the van just screams blank canvas for some graphics!

All that white on the van just screams blank canvas for some graphics!

Yes you are right, adventures first and any pennies left will go into the van.
Love the giant compass that some have do to there jokers (can’t see it that good on this blue one), or a mountain range.
It is nice being super stealthy and no one now’s if it’s a work van or a camper. But I will no doubt swamp it and add windows.
IMG_8773.png

Yes you are right, adventures first and any pennies left will go into the van.
Love the giant compass that some have do to there jokers (can’t see it that good on this blue one), or a mountain range.
It is nice being super stealthy and no one now’s if it’s a work van or a camper. But I will no doubt swamp it and add windows.
View attachment 126198

I know that van. It was sold by the same dealer I bought mine from. You could always put some graphics for a fake milk truck, carpenter, or other trade to be super stealth!

Can’t find the pic but larrylamb has a pic of silver/or beige with that compass looks stunning.
I still wish I had my bronze joker I ordered new, so listening to matey go on about silly or none existing issues :headbang

Can’t find the pic but larrylamb has a pic of silver/or beige with that compass looks stunning.
I still wish I had my bronze joker I ordered new, so listening to matey go on about silly or none existing issues :headbang

And now I’m being called out for being too aggressive. I’ve responded to his “issues” many many times with helpful advice. To put it simply, the dash will even show a battery icon flashing if there’s an issue. It’s never happened. And if the battery truly drops to a low level the systems reduce power and shut down to prevent battery damage. Some people just continue to look for problems if they’ve had one issue and can’t enjoy what they have as the sky is always falling.

Whereabouts on the WAW is that? I’ve never seen as many jellyfish as I did in Donegal a few years back. Only the kite surfers dared the water and they were soaring well above it!

I think the first lot was near/or was towhead bay up to my knees then saw about three (never moved so fast). Then this morning in the rocky area well away from the dip I had the evening before.pic of van was cove lovely spot too!IMG_8774.pngIMG_8775.png

Any idea whose running Camping in the Forests bookings these days? Seems to have changed , again. They look like they’ve got their own website rather than using Pitchup or CCC.
I keep getting emails after staying there, I just turn up and pay on the day. Prob not wise if you want one of the busy ones (longbeech and matley always have space).
Racheal as Setthorns is one of the area managers now and still lots of the same staff and prices good around £12 a night solo at them ones.IMG_8776.jpeg

Any idea whose running Camping in the Forests bookings these days? Seems to have changed , again. They look like they’ve got their own website rather than using Pitchup or CCC.

Yes they have their own website. I stayed at Matley last week for £7.30 (including a 30% discount)!

Back