Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW just gave me £ 750.00 towards my deposit

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Was just sorting out the dealer bits in readiness for picking up new T6 Beach next Friday, when the man at Listers Worcs confirmed that as of next Monday VW will contribute £ 750 towards the deposit. At the moment the APR is 4.9% on a 42 month 'rental' which is good value. I have every intention of keeping the van and paying the 'balloon' final payment - seems a cost effective way of getting into a Cali.

Hi Tim and why did VW do that? I am also on a 4.9% balloon over 42 months for a T6 Beach, have put down the dealer deposit and awaiting a build date. Might I get the same? That's be a nice surprise.

I'm doing the same as you: will pay off the balloon and own it. I too am just taking advantage of the low APR and preferring to keep the finance and purchase in house.

It's a new offer for Q1. My dealer emailed me about it on Tuesday

Hi Tim and why did VW do that? I am also on a 4.9% balloon over 42 months for a T6 Beach, have put down the dealer deposit and awaiting a build date. Might I get the same? That's be a nice surprise.

I'm doing the same as you: will pay off the balloon and own it. I too am just taking advantage of the low APR and preferring to keep the finance and purchase in house.
It seems the offer is dependant and effective from the delivery / payment date. So according to Stuart, if you can get the car registered by the end of March 16 you will qualify for the contribution. Spread the love

It seems the offer is dependant and effective from the delivery / payment date. So according to Stuart, if you can get the car registered by the end of March 16 you will qualify for the contribution. Spread the love
Thanks for this. I may get the finance for the £750 and then pay it off the next day. I've done this before with cars and it works. Just slightly affects your credit score a couple of points as they don't like it when people get out of debt!

I haven't ordered mine yet (hopefully soon!) so it's not going to arrive by the end of March and the dealer still suggested I was eligible for it. I guess as long as you sign up for the finance deal during Q1 you should be ok

I've been told you can also now get a loyalty bonus if you already have a VW commercial vehicle registered at your home address.

Watch out for the 4.9% trick. Look at the actaul APR. What they do is to work out the full cost over the lease period. You aren't paying 4.9% on the amount borrowed. In our case it was nearer 10% from memory.

However. I think any offers they give with finance still stand even if you pay it off straight away. So you could take the finance for the £750, then after a month pay off the loan with a cheaper deal from someone else.

Last edited:
This is great news for someone on their second test drive tomorrow (that's me, incidentally)!

Just checked the VW van site and the £750 is listed there, along with the 4.9%, on their finance example for both the Beach and the Ocean.

Happy days!

This is great news for someone on their second test drive tomorrow (that's me, incidentally)!

Just checked the VW van site and the £750 is listed there, along with the 4.9%, on their finance example for both the Beach and the Ocean.

Happy days!
Can you double check with Guy whether you can pay off the finance after taking it out? And how soon!?

Can you double check with Guy whether you can pay off the finance after taking it out? And how soon!?
We've had two Audis on VWAG finance so I already know the answer: you can over pay or clear their finance at any point, with no charges. I cleared the finance in full on my A6 without issue and we've chipped away at my wife's A3 finance frequently during the term. Saved thousands in interest!

Was just sorting out the dealer bits in readiness for picking up new T6 Beach next Friday, when the man at Listers Worcs confirmed that as of next Monday VW will contribute £ 750 towards the deposit. At the moment the APR is 4.9% on a 42 month 'rental' which is good value. I have every intention of keeping the van and paying the 'balloon' final payment - seems a cost effective way of getting into a Cali.
Incidentally, Tim, the offer is on both the Beach and the Ocean. I don't want to hijack your news so you should put the information in the 'General' forum too. I'm sure others would appreciate it.

It is a PCP deal isn't it? Lease for a fixed period, not just finance that can be cleared. Deposit is usually a maximum 25-30%

It is a PCP deal isn't it? Lease for a fixed period, not just finance that can be cleared. Deposit is usually a maximum 25-30%
It's a personal hire purchase thing. I was going down VW finance until I realised that I couldn't rent out my camper if they still technically owned it. That's why I'll get the finance and then pay it off with the other finance i've arranged! It's all good because that last few hundred quid was getting very hard to find (kids money boxes and back of sofa are safe!).

Incidentally, Tim, the offer is on both the Beach and the Ocean. I don't want to hijack your news so you should put the information in the 'General' forum too. I'm sure others would appreciate it.
happy with that of course

It is a PCP deal but the VW van dealer, Guy, confirmed that over payments on the Cali are no issue.

In the case of my wife's car, when we make each overpayment they give us the option of either reducing the monthly payment or reducing the term but you can't chip away at the balloon payment itself.

Incidentally, we always choose to reduce the term as the saving is much bigger and we are planning on keeping her car.

It's a personal hire purchase thing. I was going down VW finance until I realised that I couldn't rent out my camper if they still technically owned it. That's why I'll get the finance and then pay it off with the other finance i've arranged! It's all good because that last few hundred quid was getting very hard to find (kids money boxes and back of sofa are safe!).
Do you mean you will pay it off with your finance in 3years? I don't think the VW Solutions PCP can be just paid off as they own the vehicle until the end of the scheme when you can pay the balloon payment.

Had my second test drive today, as I was not too taken with the manual gearbox on my last test drive, and I thought the DSG with the 150ps was great! Smooth but enough torque when you needed it, especially when in 'Sport' mode. The test drive was actually in a red/white generation 6 Caravelle (only thing with the engine/gearbox combo I wanted to try) and, I have to say, it also looked great!

Wife is one step closer to letting me order one but the options list has gone up even more! As the van was parked nose down on a hill, the sliding door was incredibly heavy for her (and me) to open so I'll be adding an electric sliding door to avoid the kids never being able to get out! Plus, I can deactivate the door handles electronically so that only the button in the cockpit opens and closes the side door, which sounds great.

Incidentally, Guy asked me to mention on the forum that he has managed to acquire a yellow T6 Beach that is due shortly for stock, ie. available immediately. Just in case anyone is interested...

Last edited:
Had my second test drive today, as I was not too taken with the manual gearbox on my last test drive, and I thought the DSG with the 150ps was great! Smooth but enough torque when you needed it, especially when in 'Sport' mode. The test drive was actually in a red/white generation 6 Caravelle (only thing with the engine/gearbox combo I wanted to try) and, I have to say, it also looked great!

Wife is one step closer to letting me order own but the options list has gone up even more! As the van was parked nose down on a hill, the sliding door was incredibly heavy for her (and me) to open so I'll be adding an electric sliding door to avoid the kids never being able to get out! Plus, I can deactivate the door handles electronically so that only the button in the cockpit opens and closes the side door, which sounds great.

Incidentally, Guy asked me to mention on the forum that he has managed to acquire a yellow T6 Beach that is due shortly for stock, ie. available immediately. Just in case anyone is interested...
It's not mine he's trying to flog is it!?

Yep. Just been confirmed. You can settle once it's set up. :) that's a free £750.
Also took the 2 services for £99 (plus vat) as it seemed too good to turn down.
4 sleeps now!
HI. Get my Ocean in March (Fingers Crossed!), what's the 2 service deal for £99 that you mentioned? Thanks & happy sleeping :)

Edit : Doh... just found it on the VW website. Great sounds a no brainer. Do you know if the service plan continues, even if you pay off the finance deal early?

Back