Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Llandudno - Sytner - warranty issue 650 mile Adblue fill warning light

Jay586

Jay586

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
My 22-plate van developed a fault a long way from home, "Def Adblue 650 mile!".

As it was static orange, we decided to limp home and call the AA the next day, half-expecting it might resolve after a few miles. They came out and confirmed it needed to go to the dealership, booked it in and were happy to follow. Came really quickly even though it was nearly Easter.

However, I actually rebooked and took it in straight after Easter (they knew I was coming but the booking system said appointment was the next day). VW Llandudno got it inspected and the fault found that morning and then asked if they could keep it until the part came a couple of days later. It was fixed early that day and seems to be fine.

It was a failed Adblue pump in this case. I've seen lots of reasoning behind the "650 mile" fault but this was mechanical, not just the sensor being over-sensitive.

Big thanks to Llandudno VW as I'm quite sensitive to Adblue issues as one of my previous vans was prone to Adblue sensor hissy fits and I was quite worried. Excellent service, very pleased.

Good to hear about some decent dealer feedback

That’s good to know as ours is going into VW Llandudno on Friday to sort out a small problem

My 22-plate van developed a fault a long way from home, "Def Adblue 650 mile!".

As it was static orange, we decided to limp home and call the AA the next day, half-expecting it might resolve after a few miles. They came out and confirmed it needed to go to the dealership, booked it in and were happy to follow. Came really quickly even though it was nearly Easter.

However, I actually rebooked and took it in straight after Easter (they knew I was coming but the booking system said appointment was the next day). VW Llandudno got it inspected and the fault found that morning and then asked if they could keep it until the part came a couple of days later. It was fixed early that day and seems to be fine.

It was a failed Adblue pump in this case. I've seen lots of reasoning behind the "650 mile" fault but this was mechanical, not just the sensor being over-sensitive.

Big thanks to Llandudno VW as I'm quite sensitive to Adblue issues as one of my previous vans was prone to Adblue sensor hissy fits and I was quite worried. Excellent service, very pleased.
We’ve always had excellent service from VW Llandudno, highly recommend this dealership.

Back