Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW mobile Wi-Fi router

Thank you! Am not a techie so not sure about what I should get out of the router?
Hi Finlay, sorry meaning are you getting anything at all like a connection and getting on line. Did it get configured? Are all 3 lights on the router when turned on at the control panel by the loo.

Our WiFi is working with Smarty phone and data SIM card, £10 per month for 30GB data, didn't work at first but I typed in the IP address of the router into my browser, this brings you to VW admin page then I went into settings then to 4g, 3g, 2g and enabled network connection

Our WiFi is working with Smarty phone and data SIM card, £10 per month for 30GB data, didn't work at first but I typed in the IP address of the router into my browser, this brings you to VW admin page then I went into settings then to 4g, 3g, 2g and enabled network connection
Just to add in the 4g/3g section you need to go to network profiles, list profiles click on internet

Just to add in the 4g/3g section you need to go to network profiles, list profiles click on internet
Thank you Jonsey I have done that, it’s been back to the dealership a couple of times they are now awaiting a response from VW Germany. It has now completely failed. No power to it at all.
would you be in a position to take a photo of the front and back (ie connections) of the router under the drivers seat.

Will

The main issue was that unless you are pitched under your providers antenna the signal is very weak or no single from the router , but my phone works well. The manufacturer says x2 aerial should be used I have noticed only one port is used, there are x2 purple ports at the back of the router. And I’m guessing VW have used a single stick on windscreen aerial which I’m told is located in the panel above the sliding door. Not what that type of aerial was intended for.
Will

See attached, I can't get to back easily. Our router wasn't working and we switched off the red isolation switch in the electric cupboard and turned it back on, then went to control panel by the toilet pressed settings then entertainment and then the WiFi button and the router switched on. I'm sure this has been tried but just in case!!

IMG-20201101-WA0004.jpg

See attached, I can't get to back easily. Our router wasn't working and we switched off the red isolation switch in the electric cupboard and turned it back on, then went to control panel by the toilet pressed settings then entertainment and then the WiFi button and the router switched on. I'm sure this has been tried but just in case!!

View attachment 68666
Thanks Jonsey for the photo and the reminder will try that again tomorrow.
Will keep you updated, bit supprised they are only using one aerial port as this will reduce the signal strength, a bit disappointed.

Have you tried switching to 3G as a test? You might be experiencing 4G specific issues

Have you tried switching to 3G as a test? You might be experiencing 4G specific issues
hi not sure there is switching capabilities on this router and no real instructions just very basic. im leaving it to the dealer to sort out now, but thanks.

Same issues on our 680 & router, the WiFi lan code is now not recognised by the router! New router now on order by the dealer!

Same issues on our 680 & router, the WiFi lan code is now not recognised by the router! New router now on order by the dealer!
Hi Ian mine is back with the dealer, are you able to check on the back if you only have one aerial lead they are marked with x2 purple sockets, if you can you will need to reach under to do this with your smart phone. The manufacturer of the router says use both inputs

Please let me know how your replacement goes.

Will

Hi Ian mine is back with the dealer, are you able to check on the back if you only have one aerial lead they are marked with x2 purple sockets, if you can you will need to reach under to do this with your smart phone. The manufacturer of the router says use both inputs

Please let me know how your replacement goes.

Will
Hi Will have checked the back and only one Ariel lead connected into Fakra LTE antenna socket 1

we managed to reset the router enter all codes from Vodafone and still no connection.

have you seen the lesswire instructions, attached ?

Attachments

• AN00909508_Wi4U_manual_DE_EN_web.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 39
Hi Will have checked the back and only one Ariel lead connected into Fakra LTE antenna socket 1

we managed to reset the router enter all codes from Vodafone and still no connection.

have you seen the lesswire instructions, attached ?
Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for the instructions. Yes I have them. There seems to be some issues having mine replaced for some reason it was referred to VW UK then onto VW Germany so there is an issue somewhere that was at least 3 weeks ago at least and still nothing.

The techs are apparently doing some software update, not sure if it’s via the GC or the router.

I would like to discuss this with you further if you are willing, perhaps via phone? Would you mind emailing you number! I understand if you would prefer not to, no worries.

Kind regards,

Will

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply, and thanks for the instructions. Yes I have them. There seems to be some issues having mine replaced for some reason it was referred to VW UK then onto VW Germany so there is an issue somewhere that was at least 3 weeks ago at least and still nothing.

The techs are apparently doing some software update, not sure if it’s via the GC or the router.

I would like to discuss this with you further if you are willing, perhaps via phone? Would you mind emailing you number! I understand if you would prefer not to, no worries.

Kind regards,

Will
Can’t the dealer just get hold of a second antenna and plug it in to see if it’s a week signal issue? Not sure if that’s even possible but if it is it could eliminate or confirm that idea.

Mobile router issue solved! The ariel was connected to the wrong fakra socket - a simple swap and now working perfectly. Should be connected to the outer pink socketPHOTO-2020-11-23-15-32-45.jpg

Excellent we got ours to work with your advice. Thank you very much.

Hi Finlay, sorry meaning are you getting anything at all like a connection and getting on line. Did it get configured? Are all 3 lights on the router when turned on at the control panel by the loo.
Hi. We managed to get our router to work perfect then today the Wi-fi on control panel won’t light up ? Any advice please

Hi. We managed to get our router to work perfect then today the Wi-fi on control panel won’t light up ? Any advice please
Hi there yes go to the switch cabinet turn off the main switch for 1 minute then turn back on. Should spark back to life

Hi there yes go to the switch cabinet turn off the main switch for 1 minute then turn back on. Should spark back to life
Hurray - that did it. Learning from errors. So much keeps going wrong on this van. VW now ordering new water pump and intermittent fault. They have replaced micro tap switch last week. . Thank you