Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wanted VW original ski/snowboard rack.

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I'm looking for a genuine VW ski rack, the type that fits onto the VW roof bars and slides out to the side of the vehicle.

Thanks
Pete

I'm looking for a genuine VW ski rack, the type that fits onto the VW roof bars and slides out to the side of the vehicle.

Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete, did you know on an SE there is a ski locker inside the vehicle?
I recently came back from a trip and was able to slot 3 sets of skis through the holder (once I had unclipped the little bit of plastic trim) and then put a snowboard in the lower boot area.

Dependant upon security issues, the VW bike rack is also good for strapping skis and boards to.

I've not seen the type of rack you mention, but it sounds interesting.

Cheers
Gav

Hi Gav,
Yeah I know about the ski locker but we have found the the skis being in the way of the cupboards causes use problems when we are camping ( no problem if we are driving to the resort and staying in an apartment).
Staying in the wagon having the skis indorrs is a pain IMO.

The rack I'm after is this one http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/...r-skis-or-two-snowboards/3B0071129F/3#details

Cheers
Pete
I couldn't agree more, the few times I have skied with the Cali I have stayed on sites where they have a drying room and ski lockers (did I mention the heated shower and toilet blocks....bliss). However in recent years I have just used the Cali as a continental cruiser to move the family and all the kit to a catered chalet!

Hi Pete, did you know on an SE there is a ski locker inside the vehicle?
I recently came back from a trip and was able to slot 3 sets of skis through the holder (once I had unclipped the little bit of plastic trim) and then put a snowboard in the lower boot area.

Dependant upon security issues, the VW bike rack is also good for strapping skis and boards to.

I've not seen the type of rack you mention, but it sounds interesting.

Cheers
Gav

Ski locker? Where and how?

Ski locker is over egging the pudding a little!
There is a plastic panel next to the under seat draw (between the seat and kitchen cupboard) give it a tug and it comes out allowing long items to be loaded from the boot and finish as far as the passenger seat.

I couldn't agree more, the few times I have skied with the Cali I have stayed on sites where they have a drying room and ski lockers (did I mention the heated shower and toilet blocks....bliss). However in recent years I have just used the Cali as a continental cruiser to move the family and all the kit to a catered chalet!
Do you have the names/addresses of the sites?

This was our solution. £30 Fiamma bike rack off Ebay and our existing Thule clamps bolted on. Worked really well.