Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW servicing London (SW preferably)

J

Jonsteve

VIP Member
Hi
We have a 2014 T5 California and moved to London just over a year ago, we used the VW Southern Motor Group in Croydon for a service last year but wasn't overly impressed with their customer service. Can anyone recommend either a VW centre or a reputable garage/mechanic who has VW California experience in London, preferably SW London but happy to travel ?
We need the dial on the central control unit fixing, not able to open and close the roof until fixed.

Many Thanks
Jo & Steve

Hi
We have a 2014 T5 California and moved to London just over a year ago, we used the VW Southern Motor Group in Croydon for a service last year but wasn't overly impressed with their customer service. Can anyone recommend either a VW centre or a reputable garage/mechanic who has VW California experience in London, preferably SW London but happy to travel ?
We need the dial on the central control unit fixing, not able to open and close the roof until fixed.

Many Thanks
Jo & Steve

Welcome Jo and Steve. I take my van to Breeze motor group workshop.in Poole to get her serviced. SMG Cowfold which will be closer to you also come recommended on here.

For Poole , it is far for you, but make a day trip out of it and you can have a fab time.

Fixing the dial.on the control unit is not a big job and something you should be able to do it yourselves. Search for threads on here and parts are available from the club shop also.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with the control panel knob and sent it off to the electronics company in the Netherlands that’s recommended on here (I forget the name, Verotronics maybe?) c. EUR 100 and a week and they posted it back, good as new. Might be cheaper than a VW dealer. Do a search and you’ll find the company name on here.

Hi

Many Thanks
Jo & Steve
VW won’t repair the unit, they’ll just replace it for new, at around £800.
Easy to do yourself, the knob is available from the club shop along with an installation video.

Id stay away from JCB group at all costs, see my other long post, ive been to the Poole dealership once for a small problem and they were fabulous..

VW won’t repair the unit, they’ll just replace it for new, at around £800.
Easy to do yourself, the knob is available from the club shop along with an installation video.
VW will repair it. There is a repair kit they can order. It contains the knob itself and a new fascia plate. It even has a new warranty void if broken seal.
Maybe your dealer doesn't do it, but there is a technical information about changing the knob.

Welcome Jo and Steve. I take my van to Breeze motor group workshop.in Poole to get her serviced. SMG Cowfold which will be closer to you also come recommended on here.

For Poole , it is far for you, but make a day trip out of it and you can have a fab time.

Fixing the dial.on the control unit is not a big job and something you should be able to do it yourselves. Search for threads on here and parts are available from the club shop also.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for your reply, agree as soon as allowed a Dorset trip sounds a great idea, thanks for the recommendation. Jo & Steve

I had the same issue with the control panel knob and sent it off to the electronics company in the Netherlands that’s recommended on here (I forget the name, Verotronics maybe?) c. EUR 100 and a week and they posted it back, good as new. Might be cheaper than a VW dealer. Do a search and you’ll find the company name on here.
Great advice, thanks, will have a search. Thank You. Best wishes Jo & Steve

VW will repair it. There is a repair kit they can order. It contains the knob itself and a new fascia plate. It even has a new warranty void if broken seal.
Maybe your dealer doesn't do it, but there is a technical information about changing the knob.
Thanks for reply. Best wishes Jo & Steve.

Id stay away from JCB group at all costs, see my other long post, ive been to the Poole dealership once for a small problem and they were fabulous..
Thanks for your reply. Looks like a trip to Dorset on the cards. Best wishes. Jo & Steve

Back