Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW strike again - can't collect new Edition

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Today was supposed to be a special day. Having sold my beloved Luis I was due to collect my brand spanking new Ocean Edition. He has been polished, tints fitted to the windows, mudflaps attached and is there in all his beauty waiting for me.
There was some delay registering him because of a computer 'fix' that needed doing. This having been done we set off this morning to collect him only to receive a call from the dealer mid journey telling us not to continue because there were more 'fixes' need doing and the codes they need to have before these can be done aren't going to be available until Wednesday at the earliest. Apparently because the vehicle is so new to the UK.
I am devastated and just hope that this is not a repeat of the emissions issues which delayed registration for months!
Has anyone else actually bought or taken delivery of a UK Edition?

Today was supposed to be a special day. Having sold my beloved Luis I was due to collect my brand spanking new Ocean Edition. He has been polished, tints fitted to the windows, mudflaps attached and is there in all his beauty waiting for me.
There was some delay registering him because of a computer 'fix' that needed doing. This having been done we set off this morning to collect him only to receive a call from the dealer mid journey telling us not to continue because there were more 'fixes' need doing and the codes they need to have before these can be done aren't going to be available until Wednesday at the earliest. Apparently because the vehicle is so new to the UK.
I am devastated and just hope that this is not a repeat of the emissions issues which delayed registration for months!
Has anyone else actually bought or taken delivery of a UK Edition?

Sorry to hear! I‘ll keep my fingers crossed that the can manage it until Wednesday!

Sorry to hear that, what a letdown. Wednesday will soon be here though it's a shame you'll miss a weekend.

oh Gillian, how awful :sad

You must be gutted.

I would think it's the same "fix" as been applied to the others held up in December so hopefully it is one cleared, ready to be applied.

Quite why this would not have been thought of earlier .... well...

Speechless for you x

I would think it's the same "fix" as been applied to the others held up in December so hopefully it is one cleared, ready to be applied.

Speechless for you x
Looks like maybe even more fixes now?

You must be gutted.

Speechless for you x

Very good question! They were told on Monday that I had sold Luis and would be collecting it on Friday.

Seems that yes, there must be even more 'fixes' I think. The first one was something to do with the Bluetooth but when that was done they still couldn't get permission to register it and VW say there are more to do - quite what I don't think they even know. The fact that it is a California seems to make a difference but why I have no idea.

To be honest I will be pleasantly surprised if it is fixed on Wednesday.

This news further suggests these Editions were being built while ordering was suspended during the last emissions crisis, and the factory had no dealer / private orders to build to spec.
As the fix for that issue has been available for 2 months (guessing dates) it's really poor of your dealer not to have had this applied in good time. Seems like an opportunity to get some freebies thrown in for your inconvenience and disappointment.

Sigh........:headbang
Good Luck for Wednesday.

Such a shame... really feel for you...
Still waiting for my dealer to receive their Beach Edition. Its reserved for me but I'm starting to doubt that i'll ever see it!

All because the vehicle is so new to the UK? Another mind blowing stupid comment from VW. It's a Beach! Lovely as the Edition is, the only new things about it are the decals and black roof.

Do they take us Cali owners for a bunch of mugs....oh wait don't answer that.

Really hope it gets sorted soon, and remember it'll be worth the wait.

All because the vehicle is so new to the UK? Another mind blowing stupid comment from VW. It's a Beach! Lovely as the Edition is, the only new things about it are the decals and black roof.

Do they take us Cali owners for a bunch of mugs....oh wait don't answer that.

Really hope it gets sorted soon, and remember it'll be worth the wait.
I meant Ocean!! Sorry, got Beaches on the brain.

Fingers crossed. Did it go OK?

Heard from the dealer today and apparently all fixed and ready to go.
He is registering the vehicle in the morning and I am collecting it at 2pm.
Beside myself with excitement!
I will find out what the 'fixes' were for and will report back with photos of my new addition or should that be 'edition' :)

I will find out what the 'fixes' were for and will report back with photos of my new addition or should that be 'edition' :)

Good luck with the collection Gillian!

Ben and Jack are looking forward to a full guided tour of your "Edition" at Tenby. ;)

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Wow what a day!!!
Drove fromBasingstoke to Dorking station to collect husband so he could then bring my car home, then on to Tonbridge to collect Robbie. Left home at 10.45 and just arrived home some 6.5 hours later. Traffic round M25/M3 and weather absolutely shocking. Such a shame when it has been so glorious recently.
Never mind, now safely home with new van in place. I really want to go and play with him but no point until the rain stops or I will just traipse muddy water everywhere.
Initial impressions are great - the drive of the 204 dsg is rather different to my old 140 manual. Haven't had an auto car for a while so will just get used to it. Also love the very light wood - now just keen to 'personalise' him :thumb
Off to have a well deserved beer :cheers
PS will update my avatar and details tomorrow when I can get a decent photo.

I have now spent my first weekend in Robbie the Edition down in sunny Swanage.

Absolutely delighted with it and the way it performs. I was amazed to be getting an average of 35 mpg from the 204dsg.

Also love the improvements over my T5 especially all the extra lights, front blinds, much improved rear blind, split worktop and flashy cab. The VW comfort mattress is also better than I thought it would be although I think a thin topper is needed too.

The van has now been 'personalised' and feels like mine. I took out an additional VW two year warranty and service plan (with my apology vouchers when I couldn't collect the van) so hopefully will have five years peace of mind with him.

Anyone else bought an Ocean Edition yet?

Robbie.jpg

took out an additional VW two year warranty
Did you get any paperwork for that Gillian? We paid for ours for a couple of months and all I've got is the credit card receipt. ....

Did you get any paperwork for that Gillian? We paid for ours for a couple of months and all I've got is the credit card receipt. ....

The receipt for the warranty was the one for the van as it was all included in the deal price so not a credit card one as we paid for the whole thing by bank transfer.
With the service plan we used some of the 'vouchers' and paid the rest by credit card so that is the only proof I have, except that it should have been put on the system.
I have been assured that the whole lot should show up to any VW dealer but might be worth a phone call to a dealer to check?

Back