Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

vw t4 change tyres dimensions

A

aris

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hello everyone, I own a vw t4 california exclusive. Tyres dimensions are 205/65/R15.
If i change the dimensions to 205/70/R15 will i have any problem with abs or anything else?
Does anyone knows about that?

Hello everyone, I own a vw t4 california exclusive. Tyres dimensions are 205/65/R15.
If i change the dimensions to 205/70/R15 will i have any problem with abs or anything else?
Does anyone knows about that?

Interested to know why the small change? Anyway an online calculator gave these results for speedo error, Ride height change etc.
e09f2e336cfb3a34e4b1d88302f6f653.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This change is because i need load rating 100 and i can't find anywhere in my country the original dimensions with this rating. The car was bought from another country.

This change is because i need load rating 100 and i can't find anywhere in my country the original dimensions with this rating. The car was bought from another country.

An interesting dilemma. The change shouldn’t have any effect on your ABS. As you can see by the comparison the most major change will be the speedo accuracy.

An interesting dilemma. The change shouldn’t have any effect on your ABS. As you can see by the comparison the most major change will be the speedo accuracy.

Thank you, i'll have that in mind!

You should be fine with that size. I run 215/75 on std 15" vw steels on my other T4. That's as big as you can go without modification. The Speedo on mine reads perfect now against the sat nav.
1a38c227f1de612034cef167838a7b0f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You should be fine with that size. I run 215/75 on std 15" vw steels on my other T4. That's as big as you can go without modification. The Speedo on mine reads perfect now against the sat nav.
1a38c227f1de612034cef167838a7b0f.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
So you have no problem with the abs system?

Back