Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T5 Carlifornia 2011 Issue with beeping noise stating roof is open but looks closed.

S

Stenson007

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi,
My T5 California 2011 has a roof issue. It started when I returned from Germany last month after a short stop between countries. I closed the roof and drove off towards Calais, when the control panel was beeping, indicating that the roof was still open. I check the roof and it looked fine. I managed to get home, even though the beeping noise was intermittent. I managed to open it again, and then close it fully. A few weeks ago I started the engine, the bleeping noise came back indicating that the roof is still open. The control panel indicates a roof fault, and although I have checked the error code, tried to cancel it, the roof will not open or close.
I have check both batteries and they are fully charged. I've hooked up to the house electrics, same issue. I have read that one possible option is to disconnect the control panel and start again. It looks easy on the instructions but not that easy. I might have to take it to VW but I'm worried they will charge me for a new control panel. Everything else on the panel works, heating, fridge etc.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,
My T5 California 2011 has a roof issue. It started when I returned from Germany last month after a short stop between countries. I closed the roof and drove off towards Calais, when the control panel was beeping, indicating that the roof was still open. I check the roof and it looked fine. I managed to get home, even though the beeping noise was intermittent. I managed to open it again, and then close it fully. A few weeks ago I started the engine, the bleeping noise came back indicating that the roof is still open. The control panel indicates a roof fault, and although I have checked the error code, tried to cancel it, the roof will not open or close.
I have check both batteries and they are fully charged. I've hooked up to the house electrics, same issue. I have read that one possible option is to disconnect the control panel and start again. It looks easy on the instructions but not that easy. I might have to take it to VW but I'm worried they will charge me for a new control panel. Everything else on the panel works, heating, fridge etc.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Search roof sensors on here. it sounds exactly like my (and others) around the same age. Good luck.