Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW t6.1 Coast / Beach manual roof

You shouldn’t have any gap when closed, and it should sit flat. Will post some photos of ours tomorrow.

Fabric does appear to be installed slightly askew. Is the back section correspondingly rotated? So no change in the clip position? Does the poptop sit flush when closed?

Hi, tear appears ok. Clip on passenger side now ok, drivers side is the image posted. I’ll update when the dealer gets back to me with a plan. Thanks for your feedback

Fabric does appear to be installed slightly askew. Is the back section correspondingly rotated? So no change in the clip position? Does the poptop sit flush when closed?
Sits better now but concerned why the issues both sit on the drivers side and the potential shearing on the clamp/clasp bolts. Also if fabric is not fitted right will it tear?

Sits better now but concerned why the issues both sit on the drivers side and the potential shearing on the clamp/clasp bolts. Also if fabric is not fitted right will it tear?
Probably more of an aesthetic issue. No risk of tearing. The fabric will pull out of the guides before it tears.

Probably more of an aesthetic issue. No risk of tearing. The fabric will pull out of the guides before it tears.
Hope so, the fabric is taught and more concave than on the drivers side. Poor workmanship for a £60k + vehicle. Also concerned that if something goes wrong then it will be attributed to user error. Resale also an issue for those buyers with an acute eye for faults.

What has Breeze said. They should at least have another go at refitting the fabric. Its frustrating when shops have little interest in doing the job right. Would they be happy with a misaligned bellows? It would bug me every time I popped the top.
Does the poptop now fit flush against the spoiler?

Sits better but have a nagging feeling the alignment of the clasp shows an issue further back. It should be factory standard yet 9 months on I am still not there. Had no issues with t5.1 beach in 7 years. Roof aligned perfect and clamps dead centre. Frustrating but more than this is the time spent concerned and chasing matters up.

What has Breeze said. They should at least have another go at refitting the fabric. Its frustrating when shops have little interest in doing the job right. Would they be happy with a misaligned bellows? It would bug me every time I popped the top.
Does the poptop now fit flush against the spoiler?
Breeze are speaking to VW before responding….,

Update from @breeze - VW Executive Office to respond to my concerns. No update from + Breeze . Has anyone on this forum waited 12 months for a resolution to a manufacturing fault under warranty?

Update from @breeze - VW Executive Office to respond to my concerns. No update from + Breeze . Has anyone on this forum waited 12 months for a resolution to a manufacturing fault under warranty?
Been waiting 3 years for action on a recall issue relating to roof corrosion on an elevating roof.

We are on the waiting list via SMG Cowfold.

They keep chasing me to book in a service which is not due for 6 months…but when I mention the warranty issue they never follow up.

Current position is that we will never buy VW again. If they honour their obligation then my opinion might change.

Bunch of f@@kwits!

Think I waited 18 months on my last t5.1 beach for roof to be fixed. Southport company did the work but apparently don’t do it anymore???

Seems to be loads of issues with these manual roofs. Such a shame VW don’t still sell a proper campervan with a nice simple electro-hydraulic one.

Sorry to hear the problem didn’t get solved.

I thought I’d post better photos of my roof and the misaligned seal and clamps. See below.

My Coast was delivered end of July 2022. Inexperienced summer extras did the roof?

I don’t know if all Coasts are like this, but ours appears to have all the connection points for the Ocean roof hydraulics, but they were filled in with some type of grey «goo». Not pretty. Attached a photo of that too.

FF179A1F-102A-4038-97B3-099D77D36240.jpegC1CE0900-ED6D-4348-98F9-077AA6A9ADEC.jpegAE56F141-3D7D-4C04-9D2D-3931286F2598.jpeg5B8934D6-549A-4AA5-912B-B0F5C63664A6.jpegCB9FA3FC-30D5-4D20-8D75-294CE0DF8AF1.jpeg

Took some more photos that clearly show poor bellows fitting when using curved edge and fabric lines as reference points.

VW Executive Office have closed the case with an offer to get yet another VW dealer to look at it OR go to the Ombudsman. The first two dealers wouldn’t investigate as Breeze was the selling dealer. Why would they look at it now?

Breeze state it’s fitted ‘within tolerance’. I have asked for clarification on the tolerance but the question has been avoided by VW and Breeze.

Any advice anyone?

IMG_5861.jpeg

IMG_5862.jpeg

IMG_5863.jpeg

IMG_5864.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5871.jpeg

IMG_5872.jpeg

IMG_5873.jpeg

Hi, re connection points and goo - I asked the same question as my Coast has this mess on it yet my t5.1 beach didn’t. I was told is was normal….
Sorry to hear the problem didn’t get solved.

I thought I’d post better photos of my roof and the misaligned seal and clamps. See below.

My Coast was delivered end of July 2022. Inexperienced summer extras did the roof?

I don’t know if all Coasts are like this, but ours appears to have all the connection points for the Ocean roof hydraulics, but they were filled in with some type of grey «goo». Not pretty. Attached a photo of that too.

View attachment 108422View attachment 108423View attachment 108424View attachment 108425View attachment 108426

Hi, re connection points and goo - I asked the same question as my Coast has this mess on it yet my t5.1 beach didn’t. I was told is was normal….
Thanks. I wonder if they still do it, or if it was a temporary thing because of supply chain issues caused by the pandemic?

Back