Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T6 Beach Mattress - weird shape?

Micka

Micka

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, my fist post on here so be gentle please.
I'm the new proud owner of a T6 beach and am still figuring things out. Mainly from this site of course. Anyway i'm stumped as to why the mattress that came with the van is the shape it is, with a flap sticking out of it which means it wont lay flat.
See pics........am I missing something?

thanks
Mick

IMG_9580.JPG

IMG_9581.JPG

IMG_9582.JPG

The multiflex can be long or short.

The standard 180cm bed is made with the long multiflex and the bench seat. The thick bit of the mattress goes on the multiflex with those two short bits stacked on top of each other in front of the thick bit, but still on the multiflex.

The long 200cm bed is made with the shortened multiflex, the bench seat and the two additional seats. The thick bit of the mattress still goes on the multiflex, the bench seat pads go next and the two short bits unzip then zip onto the bench pads lying on the two additional seats next to each other, not on top of each other.

Thanks both, I'm now thinking it was zipped together incorrectly so I've just shifted the odd sticky out bit to the bottom and it seems better suited, although doesn't fold up as compactly. I only have the 3 seat bench not the additional seats so the first config mentioned by Amarillo should be what I'm looking at .......i think.......jeez how hard can putting a mattress out be?! I'll try again tomorrow :thumb.........also wish I could find a storage bag for it

also wish I could find a storage bag for it
Yes - a storage bag would be very useful. We store ours in our bike shed and it ends up covered in bits of cobweb.

One day I’ll treat myself to a custom made one.

Thanks both, I'm now thinking it was zipped together incorrectly so I've just shifted the odd sticky out bit to the bottom and it seems better suited, although doesn't fold up as compactly. I only have the 3 seat bench not the additional seats so the first config mentioned by Amarillo should be what I'm looking at .......i think.......jeez how hard can putting a mattress out be?! I'll try again tomorrow :thumb.........also wish I could find a storage bag for it
In your first photo you have the bottom side up. The bottom contoured side is hard, to level out the bumps of the seat. The soft flat side is for sleeping on. From what I can see it is put together correctly, the thick portion and the folded short section lie on the extended multiflex, and the three other thinner sections correspond to the height of the bench seat in bed position to make a nicely flat and comfortable bed. In my California supplement to the owner's manual there are three pages with illustrations explaining how to zip the sections together in different combinations, depending on the seat/multiflex configuration. For your needs use it as is, just make sure you have the right side up. When you store it folded on the extended multiflex, the three contoured sections sit back a bit from the tailgate and lie flat. If you store it on the shortened multiflex, these three sections will have to be jammed in a bit to fit the narrower side walls near the tailgate.

In your first photo you have the bottom side up. The bottom contoured side is hard, to level out the bumps of the seat. The soft flat side is for sleeping on. From what I can see it is put together correctly, the thick portion and the folded short section lie on the extended multiflex, and the three other thinner sections correspond to the height of the bench seat in bed position to make a nicely flat and comfortable bed. In my California supplement to the owner's manual there are three pages with illustrations explaining how to zip the sections together in different combinations, depending on the seat/multiflex configuration. For your needs use it as is, just make sure you have the right side up. When you store it folded on the extended multiflex, the three contoured sections sit back a bit from the tailgate and lie flat. If you store it on the shortened multiflex, these three sections will have to be jammed in a bit to fit the narrower side walls near the tailgate.
Ok thanks very helpful, I think I’ve sussed it

Back