Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T7?

Maybe fine as a microbus but how is an all electric camper van going to work? Two hookup points maybe on sites, on for the locomotive motor and one for the leisure side as now, but wild camping?

There will be a non-electric or hybrid version for the commercial side and if there is a T7 California then I presume it will be based on that. I hope anyway.

Looks a lot like the current Citroen C4 Picasso.

The microbus concept has been kicking around for years, the T7 will be nothing like this just like the T6 wasn't!

Agree , they put a new concept bus/bulli/van/whatever ....online every few months and non of those are gonna be ever on the road ....VW keeps dreaming!

Fines and cost in USA = $21.5 billion, so i do not think it will be built. I have a photo somewhere of a similar vehicle built in 2001.

I know VW have released a few new concept campers over the years but this one looks the right size to be a genuine T6 replacement. I appreciate it will get seriously toned down (all concepts do) but I think some of this design and technology will find itself on the T7 in 5 or so years time.

Sorry. I meant have you seen the gnome levitating on the dashboard.

IMG_5825.jpg IMG_5826.jpg

The previous concepts all looked too small but this looks just the right size to me. They say it can seat 8 and inside looks similar space to the Cali, I really think this is an early indication of the direction VW will be going with the T7.

It looks absolutely dreadful...!!!
They tried to revive the Beatle and that flopped. Some things should stay in the past where they belong.

It looks absolutely dreadful...!!!
They tried to revive the Beatle and that flopped. Some things should stay in the past where they belong.
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Beetle, as far as I understand is still being manufactured in 2017 and continues to provide an important profit contributor to VW group.

It could be equally argued that the retro design of the Fiat 500 and indeed BMW's 'Mini' together with toasters and radio's designed by Dualit, and digital radios by Roberts plus electric guitars by Italia are also examples where excellent designs of the past have become iconic retro symbols of the present and therefore sought with a premium price to be paid.

As for the new version of the T7, T8 or T9 what a splendid effort to integrate cutting edge technology with 1960's design cues? So from me at least I would absolutely love one and would willingly give up my boring and fuel-hungry T6 up for one of these beauties!

Exactly what the T6/T7 needs more technology. NOT...!!!
Volkswagen can't even do the basics right (roof corrosion) to name one. You want them to add 4 wheel steering, driverless wizardry and various other soon to fail technology into an already overpriced camping vehicle...?

Let me know how that goes.
But I will guarantee a vehicle loaded with such technology will be a headache and you will be on first name basis with your local Volkswagen dealership.

Exactly what the T6/T7 needs more technology. NOT...!!!
Volkswagen can't even do the basics right (roof corrosion) to name one. You want them to add 4 wheel steering, driverless wizardry and various other soon to fail technology into an already overpriced camping vehicle...?

Let me know how that goes.
But I will guarantee a vehicle loaded with such technology will be a headache and you will be on first name basis with your local Volkswagen dealership.

I could not have said it better myself :thumb

I could not have said it better myself :thumb
Yes well said.
I've got high beam assist on my T6 transporter and it's a right royal pain in the ####!
Performs erratically by either refusing to dip when vehicles approach, not activating when in complete darkness, and even dipping correctly when one car approaches then immediately reactivating even though there's another car right behind it!
I guarantee that when I take it in for it's first service they'll say there's nothing wrong with it and that "they all do that".
VW should leave these tech marvels alone at least until they can get them to work properly.
And don't get me started on the front fog lights turning on when you reverse in the dark, when a pair of properly sized reversing lights would be much more useful!

Back