Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW to Start Shipping from Monday 25th May

I really hope, being selfish, that our Cali is on that boat. Been waiting since placing the order in August 2019.

I keep looking at the Malacca Highway, still not moved, 50 days since it last moved! Here's hoping everyone gets some good news about their respective vehicles soon. We could all do with some positive news after the last few months.

I have just received an email from VWCC. Shipping now due to recommence 1 June.

I have just received an email from VWCC. Shipping now due to recommence 1 June.
Had the same call but no guarantee what shipment it might be on.

Any news on the shipping, have been sent a link via the dealer we are buying our VW from for the 'Malacca Highway' still moored in Germany :(

Any news on the shipping, have been sent a link via the dealer we are buying our VW from for the 'Malacca Highway' still moored in Germany :(
That will be the link I sent to Martin last week! :thumb

As you say, the ship still hasn't moved :headbang

I called the port of Sheerness and Emden this morning both have no forward notification from the shipping agent when she is due out. I Next called VW commercial customer care and asked the same question. They will get back to me before the close of play today!

It might be helpful if a few more ask the same question.

Cheers.

I was told last week that full shipping capacity would not be in place until w/c 8 June.

If you check the maps the Malacca Highway is still moored off from the loading ramp at Emden. The Weser Highway (which goes to Grimsby) is actually moored on the loading ramp but has been for many days. Her draught is still shown at her min of 4.7m so she is not loading yet. Her max draught of 5.7m is fully loaded so you can tell when she starts loading as her draught will increase - still waiting......

Yep, but to date the agents have not logged with either port authority any movement and it’s the 3rd already so 8th is only next Monday

But there is no guarantee anyone's vehicle will be on these shipments...

I called the port of Sheerness and Emden this morning both have no forward notification from the shipping agent when she is due out. I Next called VW commercial customer care and asked the same question. They will get back to me before the close of play today!

It might be helpful if a few more ask the same question.

Cheers.
Just contacting VW via live chat now about production/delivery/Malacca Highway

Nope.....we are then reliant on the dealers or VW to confirm - so absolutely no chance of that happening then. However, be great news just to know shipping has started again !

As soon as I see the Weser Highway's draught increasing and hence it is loading (either that or it's sinking !!) I'll post it here. I've put an alert on so should know as soon as it happens.

As soon as I see the Weser Highway's draught increasing and hence it is loading (either that or it's sinking !!) I'll post it here. I've put an alert on so should know as soon as it happens.
My 'F5' key is wearing out already!

Just in case anyone waiting hasn't got the shipping App, Mallaca Highway circled, the Weser Highway is the ship above moored on the loading ramp, once she's loaded, and it appears they haven't started yet, presumably the Malacca will move round onto the ramp.......god I'm bored....and impatient !!!

Screenshot_20200603-125754_Chrome.jpg

Just in case anyone waiting hasn't got the shipping App, Mallaca Highway circled, the Weser Highway is the ship above moored on the loading ramp, once she's loaded, and it appears they haven't started yet, presumably the Malacca will move round onto the ramp.......god I'm bored....and impatient !!!

View attachment 60273
Well done, they normally depart on a Monday and Friday. Wondering now how long from the port of entry to dealers, normally 10 days, like you very impatient.

Quite right but we should make a noise.
I have made enough noise to VW Customer Services and I find them totally unwilling to even consider picking up the telephone and calling Germany. Fortunately our dealer is v helpful but he cannot change the course of events. I have come to the conclusion that vehicles get loaded in whatever order the guy at the docks decides. My vehicle has been ready since early Feb...

I’m waiting for information from my dealer about my ocean which was ordered in February from VW Liverpool. Just been looking on the shipping app as VW UK haven’t got a clue and my dealer doesn’t seem to ring me back and noticed that the “city of rotterdam” left emden today bound for Grimsby. Am incorrect in assuming Liverpool would be supplied by a Grimsby port and if so does this at least signify shipping has restarted again?

Just spoke to the dealer and they are still giving an estimate of 9-10 weeks so effectively the same timescale I was given when I ordered it in February:( . This is a worst case scenario though so it could still turn up at the end of the month apparently...

Just spoke to the dealer and they are still giving an estimate of 9-10 weeks so effectively the same timescale I was given when I ordered it in February:( . This is a worst case scenario though so it could still turn up at the end of the month apparently...
Has your van been built, or is that just delivery timescale?

Back