Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Transporter T7 hybrid mule spied wearing T6 clothing

I wonder if the T7 will be slightly bigger than the current T range.
We could see a slightly longer chassis on the swb or perhaps something in between the current swb and lwb.
Thus, Volkswagen no longer need to offer both, bit of cost cutting..???

We could see a slightly longer chassis on the swb or perhaps something in between the current swb and lwb.
Thus, Volkswagen no longer need to offer both, bit of cost cutting..???

No doubt, being VW, would pass on the savings to their customers :shocked

Goodness, just had a formation of pigs flying overhead :(

^^^^^
I’m sure that’s their main aim, Jen ;)

Now a Hybrid California would be something. I wonder if they would do away with the Leisure Batteries and Mains Charger?

It might be my eyes but the bonnet looks longer in those photos
Yes, a lot longer and front edge of door shut line hits wheel arch at completely different location, a lot further back than current T6.

The front end looks disturbingly well finished for a prototype. I say disturbingly because if the T7 does end up having a bonnet proportioned like that then it’s IMHO goppingly ugly. It looks like the old Chrysler Voyager that thankfully we no longer get here in the UK.

The front end looks horrible!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Maybe the first of their collaboration efforts with Ford;)

That’s a golf plus on steroids ...
Vw will definitely lose a few transporter fans with that horrible looking thing,one thing about the vw transporter is you could always make it look cool but not that, it’s totally ugly

Looks dreadful. Glad I’ve just picked up my new T6 because I won’t be buying one of those!

It's called a "Mule" as it's a test rig for what's underneath. Very little, if anything, of the outside will be on the production model.

If it has a Hybrid power plant I would be in the queue .

Looks confused.
As is VW’s whole strategy with electric

First try to understand the word mule in car terms.
It is just a jacket. What is underneath, we can't see.
A mule is not how it will look like in real life.
Let's just wait for the T6.1 first, and then, when the time is right, they will start teasing us with the official look of the T7.

Looks dreadful. Glad I’ve just picked up my new T6 because I won’t be buying one of those!

Sorry but it is the same as your T6, find a picture if a T6 at the same angle and compare all the lines and I think you will find it is identical!

Sorry but it is the same as your T6, find a picture if a T6 at the same angle and compare all the lines and I think you will find it is identical!

Except the T6 doesn’t look like Pinocchio.

i just did as you suggested and it is very obviously different! Just follow the line of the door down to the front wheel and you will see that with the new one the door is fully behind the front wheel, whereas the old one it comes down about 10cm further back.

Exhibit A (T7) :

1567155759228.png

Exhibit B: (T6.1)

1567155855461.png

I have to say, the new one looks revolting to my eyes. More like a caddy max. It looks a bit lower too, but hard to say.

Caddy maxi:

1567156013852.png

• Agree
Reactions: Loz