Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW61 BUS... Newport Pagnel... Today

SimplyDubs

SimplyDubs

VW and loving it...
Vehicle
N/A
Spotted whilst avoiding traffic on the M1...

Waved but felt stupid as we were in Helen's Range Rover :)

Think I've seen this reg in Milton Keynes near the M1 before.

Indeedy Andy, think I've seen it before but not sure it's anyone on here.

Thanks
Mark

That doesn't look like Milton Keynes :lol: at least not today, it is very grey out there...

Looks like a really nice site. May have to try there...

Welcome to the forum!

Hi there Tim.... Shell Island... Stunning location.

SimplyDubs said:
Hi there Tim.... Shell Island... Stunning location.

I didn't manage a big trip last year, but I got away to Shell for a load of 3/4 day trips. As you say, it's a stunning position, if you can get a decent pitch and don't use the facilites apart from the bare minimum. I was lucky enough to get a week in the Summer at the bottom of the hill on the edge of the sea with my kids.

And, my TV tuner on my Kenwood works great there (unlike Milton Keynes!!!)

Tim

I didn't manage a big trip last year, but I got away to Shell for a load of 3/4 day trips. As you say, it's a stunning position, if you can get a decent pitch and don't use the facilites apart from the bare minimum. I was lucky enough to get a week in the Summer at the bottom of the hill on the edge of the sea with my kids.

And, my TV tuner on my Kenwood works great there (unlike Milton Keynes!!!)

Tim
Hi Tim - we've just moved to Wales not a million miles from Shell island. Somebody in a shop recommended it to us as 'wild camping' but looking at the website it looks like a managed campsite you have to pay for. The opening times are March to September, with some specials - do you know if you can just wild camp if you visit there during the winter? It's not that I don't want to pay, I just don't really want to be on a big old campsite with millions of families and kids - I want peace, quiet, beautiful views etc. Just my own little Victor Meldrew moment! As you describe it as your second home, I thought you might be the font of all knowledge!!!

Back