Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VWCVFS HP pain

C

CaspersCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi.

New van received 6 days ago. Signed up for HP as when van ordered in Nov21 there were 2 free services if taking out FS...intended to pay off the HP straight awayish (as we've done on our last few vehicles incurring a little bit of interest for the incentive).

Roll the clock forward to May and the 2 free services has changed into £178. Dealer says hes sorting that but for now its been stuck on the HP. Needed the van so couldnt hang around.

Got a settlement figure today which is £400/£500 higher than the price last week. Spoke to VMCVFS (who were beyond useless) and they seemed unwilling to explain this jump beyond supply a pile of small print which seems to imply 28 days interest is always added on top at early settlement....first I've heard of that.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I referred to the cooling off clause in the doc I signed originally and they claim I'd have to reject the vehicle (to scrap HP and just pay cash)...which is crazy and I dont want to do.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks
Tony

phew...panic over...lunatic on VW call originally
2nd call managed to cancel the HP agreement under right of withdrawal....much better call!

phew...panic over...lunatic on VW call originally
2nd call managed to cancel the HP agreement under right of withdrawal....much better call!
Thanks for the update. Planning on doing the same myself when I collect (if I still receive the free services)

My advice. Don't sign until they've sorted the free services + use the right to withdrawal as soon as possible after you've received the van

My advice. Don't sign until they've sorted the free services + use the right to withdrawal as soon as possible after you've received the van
Don’t sign with the dealer until he has confirmed the services are included with the VWCVFS?

In my case I signed the vwcvfs agreement, which included £178 for 2 services, while at the same time arguing that it should be 2 free services which I agreed (which everyone seems to agree).

Kind of loses the incentive to fixed the problem once signed. Won't give up though!

Back