Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waeco/Dometic CFX-40

whistlingdogg

whistlingdogg

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good supplier of this? I've scoured the internet and the best price I can see is 599 from amazon. Anyone know of any better?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good supplier of this? I've scoured the internet and the best price I can see is 599 from amazon. Anyone know of any better?
That's a big fridge. We, a family of four, have managed perfectly well with a CFX28 living a full year in our van. I'd only recommend such a big capacity if you are away from shops for 5+ nights, or if you are carrying all the refrigerated food for 20+ people!

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I have a slightly older model the CF 40, it is indeed a massive fridge, I would probably go slightly smaller if I bought again. that said we can get a lot of food in it.

It will fit under the table inside the van however and fitted under the multiflex in my 3 seat beach before I got the slidepod.

I got mine via Arleigh Leisure in Nuneaton via their ebay account.

We have a CFX 35. Lovely fridge with more than enough space for a family's needs. There's only the two of us so we could have gone smaller, that's if it wasn't for the Quarter Mistress's insistance on having provisions for every eventuality. I'm not complaining, Mrs B can usually reach into the fridge and produce any of life's essential luxuries.

Last edited:
That's a big fridge. We, a family of four, have managed perfectly well with a CFX28 living a full year in our van. I'd only recommend such a big capacity if you are away from shops for 5+ nights, or if you are carrying all the refrigerated food for 20+ people!

Thanks for that I've been looking and I go from small to big to small to big. The CFX28 seems only slightly smaller that the 40.

CFX28 342x425x620
CFX40 398x461x629

I ordered the CFX35 last week from Amazon. Easily big enough for 4-6 people, fits under the Multiflex board on a slide-out drawer. Very impressed with it. Cools from room temperature to 6deg in 30min, very quiet, not as heavy as I thought but still reassuringly solid build quality.

Thanks for that I've been looking and I go from small to big to small to big. The CFX28 seems only slightly smaller that the 40.

CFX28 342x425x620
CFX40 398x461x629

Wow! I guess the compressor and insulation make up much of the bulk: you get more internal volume for little more external volume.

Its a great unit. You’ll love it.
One thing though - Important to turn the battery protection setting on the fridge to its lowest when you get it as the voltage drop over its fairly long cable will otherwise mean it cuts out way before it needs to and way before the actual battery voltage has dropped too low. Having found this and changed it after our first camp with it we now love it.

I hooked mine up via CTEK adapters, have two on my battery. One can hookup the fridge, the other a solar panel or when required an extra 12v socket. No voltage drop on those. :)

Just thought I’d report back on the cfx28. Plenty of space for what we wanted and hardly noticed it was on. Left it at 3 degrees in the main cabin area. It was really hot this weekend and the fridge performed great. We were just camped up at wowo and didn’t move until today. Didn’t have any cut outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back