Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Waiting for build of a new 4Motion Ocean

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I ordered a new Ocean on 14 December 16 and was told it would take5-6 Months. I need it by 1 July as I am returning to Europe from a job in the USA at the end of June. I do not yet have a build start date so 1 July looks highly unlikely. This is annoying as I will need to rent a vehicle until it is available grrr.

Could anyone with experience please let me know if there is anything that can be done to find out an estimated delivery date please?

I'm really looking forward to finally owning a California; it's been a dream for many years. I once had a high-top T5 built out by Auto Sleeper and I took matters into my own hands in the USA to build my own 'California' on the closest base vehicle I could find, which is a low roof, short wheel-base Ford Transit. It's been a blast and fun to incorporate things I really wanted like 300W of solar power. You can see her here if you're interested: https://www.instagram.com/cali_the_campervan/?hl=en

Thanks, Dave

Welcome on board , where in europe you will be staying . UK ?

Welcome on board , where in europe you will be staying . UK ?
Thank you. I'll be picking up the California in the UK but I will be living in Norway for the next two years (hence 4motion)

Norway.....there will be many jealous of you on here...
Love to go there back one of the next years afther we been to the south part two years ago on a three weeks 500km trip.

Maybe you should have gone for a verhicle pick-up at the Hannover Factory on the way to Norway ....saving the transport to the UK:)

Maybe you should have gone for a verhicle pick-up at the Hannover Factory on the way to Norway ....saving the transport to the UK:)

I hadn't thought of that. Do you think that is still an option now, or do you think making any changes will just add further delay?

I hadn't thought of that. Do you think that is still an option now, or do you think making any changes will just add further delay?

I know it can be done but don't know how it works to add it to the list .
I been told it is a option you can take but don't know sure if it goes on orders placed in the UK .
Ask some info at your dealer purhaps ?
Or the Hannover factory itself , this is the place where it happens . The "Kundencenter" at VW Hannover.
https://www.google.be/search?q=vw+h...afari#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=9193430570351617688

I know it can be done but don't know how it works to add it to the list .
I been told it is a option you can take but don't know sure if it goes on orders placed in the UK .
Ask some info at your dealer purhaps ?
Or the Hannover factory itself , this is the place where it happens . The "Kundencenter" at VW Hannover.
https://www.google.be/search?q=vw+h...afari#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=9193430570351617688
Awesome! Thank you for your help and the warm welcome to the Forum.

I know my van was built last week and was advised by VW to allow a further 4-5 weeks before the dealer gets it, so a pickup in Hannover could shave a month off your wait!

I know my van was built last week and was advised by VW to allow a further 4-5 weeks before the dealer gets it, so a pickup in Hannover could shave a month off your wait!
That's, really interesting. Thank you for the additional information.

Thank you. I'll be picking up the California in the UK but I will be living in Norway for the next two years (hence 4motion)
Lovely country. About to take the ferry back home from the Hook of Holland after driving down from Tromso. I will be back, and the California is perfect for travelling around. Very jealous.

As an aside, if you picked up in Hanover how would the vehicle registration go, German - Norwegian - UK? Wouldn't that complicate matters?

Lovely country. About to take the ferry back home from the Hook of Holland after driving down from Tromso. I will be back, and the California is perfect for travelling around. Very jealous.

As an aside, if you picked up in Hanover how would the vehicle registration go, German - Norwegian - UK? Wouldn't that complicate matters?
Thank you. I'm asking the registration question. If it is possible, it might be good to pick up in Hannover. It would be a good experience too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after over six months of waiting, I have been informed my order still has not been given a build date. The earliest collection date is likely to be October, that will be ten months. I've just cancelled my order. Anyone selling a 4Motion California?

I just had a look at the used VW site & it looks like Listers have one. Tho it's not entirely obvious!

70k, looks like a pre-reg.

I just had a look at the used VW site & it looks like Listers have one. Tho it's not entirely obvious!

70k, looks like a pre-reg.

After looking at a lot of Californias for sale on line and not finding quite what I'm looking for, I asked the company dealing with my order (that I cancelled) what had happened to my order. They said, it was still available if I want it and they could deliver it to Norway in September, so I'm going to sleep on it and potentially get my order reinstated. It misses the summer and my planned trips to Switzerland in July/August but there's lots of weekends and a programmable heater and 4Motion for the Norwegian winter....:

So, I've pulled the trigger (again) on my new 4Motion Ocean. It's build week 31, which I think is the first week in August, so hopefully I'll see her before the end of September. I'm lucky, I'm able to buy without paying the VAT as I'm working in Norway for NATO, as long as I don't try to register it back in the U.K. in less than 12 months. It was interesting to see how well Californias hold their value compared to every other custom built or self built campervans. I had to go to three years old to find a 4Motion for the same as a new one (minus the VAT). I'm really looking forward to finally having her, after what will be nearly 9 months of waiting.

Seems an ON/OFF relationship with your dealer....

Once you put your mind on wanting a Cali there's no way back:D
Working for NATO should pay enough to save for a Cali , no?

Going back a few decades now but there used to be Nato Forces discounts on top of tax free purchases available in Germany but that probably disappeared when the East - West wall came down..

Going back a few decades now but there used to be Nato Forces discounts on top of tax free purchases available in Germany but that probably disappeared when the East - West wall came down..
I think I must have some small discount as well as the total price I'm paying is about 74% of the price that the California configurator kicks out. I can't grumble.

All empathy just left the building - no VAT on a new 4Motion & two-years to then razz round Norway on expenses? I'd sleep with one eye open from now on... :D

There are trade partners on the forum who'll rent you a Cali for your summer trips, lots of folks try before they buy.

3a534a3fe6b1b45d1554abd1933236c9.jpg

I finally have her. It's only taken 9 months haha. Any thoughts on a name?

Back