Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wales Route 3 -

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Setting off in about two hours on my latest Recce... A solo trip, Sister, Dog and caravan being left at home.

Planning a 1,000 mile charity bike ride next year and this will be my third planned route through Wales. So many big lumps get in the way whichever way you go.

So who said "2020 is dead"? These next few days will be my 21st-25th days touring through the UK this year, loads of campsite choices, glorious locations (Malvern, Hereford, Hay on Wye, Brecon, Trecastle, Llandeilo, Carmarthen, Rosebush, St Davids ....) and we all know what to do by now to keep us fairly secure from catching Covid.

Come on Alfie .... Take me away!! :D :D :D :D :D

47250147-12E0-4C22-905C-D4877D6188A7.jpeg

Enjoy your time, stay safe on the road/trail and keep us posted with pictures please!

Happy camping!

Enjoy your time, stay safe on the road/trail and keep us posted with pictures please!

Happy camping!

Thank you :)

As always, loads of pics. Only a short trip this time, 5 days, but 10 days planned in September and another 10 in October.

Enjoy the trip GJ. :thumb ... and yes, photos please.

1000 miles bike ride - sadly there is no escape from those huge bumps along the way :D

Enjoy the trip GJ. :thumb ... and yes, photos please.

1000 miles bike ride - sadly there is no escape from those huge bumps along the way :D

Sadly not when it largely involves going east to west ..... Ness point to St Davids head :)

Last edited:
Sadly not when it largely involves going east to west ..... Ness point to St Davids head :)
Good luck with that Jen, I thought for a min it was Lands End- John O’Groats which is 1,000 miles, which I’m doing next year for charity, postponed from this year

Is it me or is the MPG markedly better the hooter the ambient temperature?

Never hung around
Good luck with that Jen, I thought for a min it was Lands End- John O’Groats which is 1,000 miles, which I’m doing next year for charity, postponed from this year

Where it all started Bill :)

30 years ago I walked Lands end - John o Groats. My sister, concerned for my health then, walked every inch with me. When we got there it was a great feeling of anti climax so we promised to do the reverse journey the following year, which we did raising £5k for the national star centre for disabled kids.

Jo always wanted to follow it with East to West but life got in the way. Now, 30 years later, both on our own, sharing a house and dog together, it seems feasible. However with Jo's 2 Arthritic knees and my crocked calf (surgery next week) cycle is the way to go. Leaving on the 21st may, the day we left John'o'Groats on the return journey, and going to take until 6th July to get to St Davids, the day we arrived in Lands End 30 years ago.

Back